4 cyl Engine mount removal Best way - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > 4 cyl Engine mount removal Best way

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 12-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
beefcake3
1998 TJ Wrangler 

4 cyl Engine mount removal Best way

1998 2.5 4 cyl engine removal.
What is the best way to release the engine block from the mounts, Removal of the 4 bolts that attach the mount to the block appear difficult at best to reach.
Could I simply remove the one damper bolt that holds the two halves of the mount together?

beefcake3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
GRYDE001
2008 JK Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/r...mounts-976196/
got my mounts ordered and on the way to do this week if I can get around to it. Good luck
Unread 12-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
mediumdaddy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I added a budget MML a while back, and if memory serves me, you can get to one side from above, and one side below with many extentions...i dont remember it being too difficult!
Utah Jeepcrew #63
mediumdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.