303 Aerospace Protectant - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > 303 Aerospace Protectant

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-21-2013, 03:02 AM   #1
Sdw71
2000 TJ Wrangler 

303 Aerospace Protectant

I just got a new black Bestop Sailcloth top and want to make it last.
Looks like alot of people here like 303, so planning to order some soon.

Just a few questions:

1- How much should I order? How far will a 16oz bottle go? I have no idea if 16oz will treat a top once or maybe 3 times. I'd guess it would depend some on how old the top is. My old top would have soaked up anything fast.

2- How often dose it need treated? I guess again it depends on how old it is and where you live. I'm in S.Ohio so we get the winter and summer deal. Salt then sun.

3- This stuff won't actually harm the top if it's not retreated when it should be will it?? I've read that some like armour all will. Afraid I might fall behind on maintenance or be locked into buying this stuff. It's a little expensive

THANKS

Unread 05-21-2013, 05:10 AM   #2
wesboy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Guess it depends how crazy you want to get.
I've got a 32oz bottle - done the top twice and ALL the plastic - door surrounds, dash, door panels, mirrors, hood latches, flares, duster, bikini top, and all the plastic under the hood - air intake etc
My buddy borrowed it to do his rig as well and I still have enough left to do the top again.

How often? Up to you.
I left it 12 months between treatments but probably could have done it every 2 months to keep it looking brand new all the time.
I'm guessing how much rain your rig sees will be a big factor.
Label on bottle recommends every 3-5 weeks but I just bust it out for special occasions.

Had no problems with a long period of time between treatments.

The only downside is it can attract dust. I avoid dusty trails for a week or 2 after applying.
Could also be that I'm not applying it properly - instructions say to 'wipe completely dry' - I just rub it on till the top looks good and leave it.
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:16 AM   #3
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How much should I order?
I would order as much as you can afford. It is cheaper in bulk. I use this stuff on everything.
Quote:
The only downside is it can attract dust. I avoid dusty trails for a week or 2 after applying.
Could also be that I'm not applying it properly
I haven't noticed it attracting dust. Perhaps you are not wiping it down.
This stuff makes everything from top, dash, tires, bumpers, etc. look great without the "blingy" look of Armour All and it is much better for your stuff. It actually protects from the harmful effects of the sun. It was made for the marine environment.
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:06 AM   #4
wesboy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepig View Post
I haven't noticed it attracting dust. Perhaps you are not wiping it down.
Good point - I do wipe it down, but definitely not properly.
I only have myself to blame for the dust
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
Tbasham
2013 JK Wrangler 

303 will not have any ill effects if you wait long inbetween applications. I bought the 32 oz spray bottle and have used it every 2 months and I have about half left (4 applications). Recently, I found that the more you use the better it looks and longer it lasts. Great Stuff, way better then Armor All in my opinion.

And like others have said before, once you use it on your jeep top/ bumpers, you will start using it on everything because it works well on anything left outside almost.
Tbasham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 02:41 AM   #6
Sdw71
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks very much. I ordered & already have a gallon. Now I need to steal one of my wife's spray bottles & try it out this weekend. Expensive stuff but if it's worth it then maybe not. Once I try it on this brand new top I'll post here best I can how many ounces it took.
Unread 05-25-2013, 03:20 AM   #7
Sdw71
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You can use this on the tinted windows too right? 303 website says yes. Thought I read here or somewhere not to.
Unread 05-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #8
wesboy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I've never used 303 on my windows only because they've never been dirty enough or never have ingrained mudstains to warrant it - I nearly always have the windows out when out on the trail.
A normal wash brings my window panels back to good condition - but I hit the windows with Novus (see pic) on special occassions.
Interesting comment though - I never considered treating the windows with 303, I'll have to give it a try - I treat everything else with it

novus.jpg
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #9
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

i have used it on covertible car that had canvas top. DO NOT get on the paint, glass etc. It must dry. It works very good on cloth. a black top it will look new again, beads water very well. Clean the top first and it must be dry before use. about every 6 months
Unread 05-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
SteveBad
2011 JK Wrangler 

Doesn't that stuff weaken the thread holding the top together? All the boaters I know are careful to avoid the stitching when spraying it on the vinyl upholstery. They can't all be wrong.
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #11
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

most boaters I see i would not trust in a canoe. perhaps it is the people LHC attracts. I bought my 303 from a boat upholstery shop here.

I do not think this stuff is even intended for vinyl. Never had any issue with the cars top. But again thetop was not vinyl. From what i can recall the only warning was. DO NOT get it on the paint, glass or plastic.
Unread 05-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
...From what i can recall the only warning was. DO NOT get it on the paint, glass or plastic.
:wtf:

So are you saying NOT to use it on plastic? (Since basically most other 30e threads are about using it on plastics?)

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 01:28 AM   #13
Sdw71
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I hope the heck it's made for vinyl and jeep tops. 303 site says the protectant is.
Unread 05-27-2013, 05:19 AM   #14
wesboy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Recommendations from the label on the bottle...
vinyl and leather interiors, plastic bumpers, fender flares, trim and lenses, tonneau covers, vinyl softtops and plastic windows, chrome and alloy wheels, synthetic and natural rubber, inflatable boats, wet/dry suits, tires, door and trunk seals, under-the-hood-rubber, fibreglass, helmets, visors, goggles, patio furniture, spa and pool covers, vinyl liners and pool inflatables, vinyl and leather furniture, jackets, handbags, golf bags.

Not for
Unfinished leathers (suede), fabrics (canvas), floors.
Unread 05-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #15
Sdw71
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesboy View Post
Recommendations from the label on the bottle...
vinyl and leather interiors, plastic bumpers, fender flares, trim and lenses, tonneau covers, vinyl softtops and plastic windows, chrome and alloy wheels, synthetic and natural rubber, inflatable boats, wet/dry suits, tires, door and trunk seals, under-the-hood-rubber, fibreglass, helmets, visors, goggles, patio furniture, spa and pool covers, vinyl liners and pool inflatables, vinyl and leather furniture, jackets, handbags, golf bags.

Not for
Unfinished leathers (suede), fabrics (canvas), floors.
That's what I see. I guess only time will tell the story

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.