2014 Wrangler Rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > 2014 Wrangler Rubicon

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #1
jeepers2014

2014 Wrangler Rubicon

I am new to the jeep world...thinking of buying 2014 Rubicon. Work from home alot so don't have to travel much. How would it be for a daily driver and winter driving? I drove one and it's not bad at all with the extra rugged tires on it. I like fun things and always thought of buying one, maybe just part of my midlife crisis! It would probably be a stick shift. In my 50's, married female and the outdoorsy type! What do you think? Am I crazy?

jeepers2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

never to late to own a jeep. I know a lady that rocks a cj7 crawler as hard as any of the boys.

she is like 83. nothing stops her.
Unread 08-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #3
tclaremont
2014 JK Wrangler 

I just bought a 14 Rubi. I highly recommend it. And I am...the most interesting man in the world.
-------------------------------------
tclaremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2014, 10:03 PM   #4
jeepers2014

tclaremont; just worried even if I take good care, do they rust easy ? I hear Jee
Unread 08-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #5
jeepers2014

sorry I hear jeeps are money pits. I wont off road so do I need a Rubi? Maybe a Sahara? Will it last me years if I want it to? I take good care of my stuff. Please tell me what to expect. I also hear they are not good in the snow/winter? Thx!
Unread 08-09-2014, 01:31 AM   #6
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

They are only money pits if you succumb to feeling that you have to do what everyone else does. Adding everything from the aftermarket catalog.
Or, if you buy some poor old jeep that's been sitting forever, or that has been owned by an unknown number of amateur tinkerers.

If you buy a new jeep, rubicon or Sahara, that you like, and just drive it and enjoy it as is, its won't be a money pit other than payments and oil changes.

If you take care of your stuff, it will last longer than you do. Look at all the old jeeps still around. They retain their value if they are not thrashed or rusted into oblivion.

As far as not being good in winter....that's just regurgitated car magazine hogwash. While the big lugs of the Rubicons tires are not the best for winter road conditions, the rest of it is. If you added a blizzak type winter tire, the Rubicon or Sahara are unstoppable. Do a youtube search for winter tires and you will see that its the tire more than anything that makes for a good, safe driving vehicle.
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2014, 06:31 AM   #7
tclaremont
2014 JK Wrangler 

You can make anything a money pit. One of the biggest reasons owners turn a Jeep into a money pit is by NOT buying the Rubicon and then trying to add on a bunch of crap to make it PERFORM like a Rubicon. Other people try to take a 30 year old Jeep with 200,000 unmaintained miles on it and wonder why it is nickel and diming them to death. Bottom line is, when you buy new, your maintenance and routine care (and desire for huge tires and suspension lifts and winches and fancy bumpers) is going to determine how big of a money pit it becomes. When buying a Jeep you can spend your money once by getting what you want upfront, or you can spend it twice by trying to make what you DONT want into something you DO want.

Look at residual values for Jeep Wranglers in general, and then look at residual values for Rubicons. Both are insanely high. Among the very highest in the automotive industry. The kicker is that the Rubicon residual usually PAYS for the difference between the Shehara and the Rubicon. In other words, your typical cost of ownership is actually lower on the higher priced Rubicon. (Not that you cant spend the same amount on a Shehara as you can on a Rubicon).

Now, to put this into perspective, I did not set out to buy a Rubicon. Frankly I don't need its capability. I just did the due diligence, looked at the numbers not just at purchase but at resale, and determined that the Rubicon was a better value. While no car is a good "investment", and you cant predict the future, the smarter money is on the Rubicon.
-------------------------------------
tclaremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2014, 09:02 AM   #8
jeepers2014

Thx guys. that helps me a lot. I did crunch the numbers and I totally agree and value of the Rubicon. I passed on it the first time but I'm feeling I'm going to give in today and excited yet nervous. I have a 2000 Chevy malibu that is my driver now which I think will keep because obviously it's worth nothing but a great runner and I can never buy something that reliable for that cheap; it was my Dads car so I know its history. I like when I have options to drive things not have it be mandatory! I drove the rubi and absolutely fell in love with it , i knew what to expect and not expect so was not disappointed in anyway!
by the way I thought it was a 2014 but it turned out to be a 2015!
Unread 08-09-2014, 10:13 AM   #9
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Understandable, there's no real difference between an '07 and '15--just eng/tranny and amenities--

You've picked a good Maller-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #10
billiebob
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Good choice. If, When you sell it there should be lots of interest. Bet it depreciates less than any other vehicle you ever owned.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.