2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - interior lights and ignition questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - interior lights and ignition questions

Jeep Grand Cherokee Exhaust ManifoldsJeep Cherokee Exhaust ManifoldsJeep Wrangler Exhaust Manifold

Unread 07-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
bsulli4242

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - interior lights and ignition questions

I'm on my 2nd Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and 3rd lifetime Jeep. I find the 2012 owner's manual to be quite light and have a couple of questions.

I remember that the 2008 Wrangler Unlimited had what the manual referred to as a party feature setting, when the user could engage for interior lights and stereo and not overly drain the battery. I could not find any reference in the 2012 OM. Is it part of standard operation?

Is it possible to leave the 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and lock it? Purpose would be to keep A/C running for dogs (or kids) in summer and heat in winter. Thanks in advance!

bsulli4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
JeepCares

From the 2012 JK Owner Manual:
When a door is open and the interior lights are on,
rotating the dimmer control to the extreme bottom position
will cause all the interior lights to turn off. This is
also known as the “Party” mode because it allows the
doors to stay open for extended periods of time without
discharging the vehicle’s battery.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Ls1man2020
2013 JK Wrangler 

Also how long can you run the radio before it drains the battery?
Ls1man2020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.