2008 Postal Jeep Wrangler X Vibration - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > 2008 Postal Jeep Wrangler X Vibration

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 05-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #1
Firewalker6
2008 JK Wrangler 

2008 Postal Jeep Wrangler X Vibration

Wife uses the Jeep everyday. Already replaced front universals . New Filter and Royal Purple in Transmission. Vibration hits around 25 and again 45 mph. But not all the time. Drift at 25 mph or 45 Mph with trans in N . No Vibration it stops. Thinking Transfer Case , Converter lock up, or Shift Solenoid pack. Anyone with this same problem please help. Jeep Has 100000 miles on it. Serviced by me personally with all Synthetic Oils. Checked what I could put my hands on. No play in drive shafts.

Firewalker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
Firewalker6
2008 JK Wrangler 

Up date . Replaced torque converter and Shift solenoid pack. About 50% of the vibration is gone. Did add oil to transfer case. So I'm thinking that's going to be where the last of the vibration is coming from. Man talk about a job. Been awhile sense I pulled a transmission out. All those electrical plug ins . Had to keep wiggling the valve body to drop but it came out. solenoid was easy. The hang up was exhaust bolt. Clip with a nut. Try to get them off all they did was spin. But I got it done wife's happy to get her Jeep back.
Unread 06-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
gmc01redtj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

stupid question but did you check the drive shaft u joints
gmc01redtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
Firewalker6
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yep Replaced both u joints. They were do. But made no difference to vibration.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.