2008 Postal Jeep Wrangler X Vibration - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > 2008 Postal Jeep Wrangler X Vibration

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 05-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
Firewalker6
2008 JK Wrangler 

2008 Postal Jeep Wrangler X Vibration

Wife uses the Jeep everyday. Already replaced front universals . New Filter and Royal Purple in Transmission. Vibration hits around 25 and again 45 mph. But not all the time. Drift at 25 mph or 45 Mph with trans in N . No Vibration it stops. Thinking Transfer Case , Converter lock up, or Shift Solenoid pack. Anyone with this same problem please help. Jeep Has 100000 miles on it. Serviced by me personally with all Synthetic Oils. Checked what I could put my hands on. No play in drive shafts.

Firewalker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
Firewalker6
2008 JK Wrangler 

Up date . Replaced torque converter and Shift solenoid pack. About 50% of the vibration is gone. Did add oil to transfer case. So I'm thinking that's going to be where the last of the vibration is coming from. Man talk about a job. Been awhile sense I pulled a transmission out. All those electrical plug ins . Had to keep wiggling the valve body to drop but it came out. solenoid was easy. The hang up was exhaust bolt. Clip with a nut. Try to get them off all they did was spin. But I got it done wife's happy to get her Jeep back.
Unread 06-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
gmc01redtj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

stupid question but did you check the drive shaft u joints
gmc01redtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
Firewalker6
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yep Replaced both u joints. They were do. But made no difference to vibration.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.