1997 wrangler for parts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > 1997 wrangler for parts

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 12-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Niagarajeep19
1997 TJ Wrangler 

1997 wrangler for parts

Well guys the worst has come, my jeep shot a connecting rod through the bottom of the engine and the parents are pulling the plug on it so it is time to get rid of it . So im wondering what everyone thinks it would be worth to sell it, im hoping to get a little bit of money out of it now. I just put a new transmission and exhaust on it this summer and everything else is stock. Until the engine blew everything else worked perfect.

Niagarajeep19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
1998tjsport
2003 TJ Wrangler 

what engine?
1998tjsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
hndswthtshdws
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you can put in a new transmission you can probably put in a new engine. If the body and frame aren't rusted to hell than an engine swap is a worthy investment, ie the value of the Jeep will increase more than the engine swap will cost.

If your parents aren't ok with that; mention that not a lot of people want a rig with a blown engine and it may take quite some time to sell it. Even if it takes 2 weeks to do the swap that Jeep will still be out of their driveway faster than selling it with a blown engine.
hndswthtshdws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #4
mediumdaddy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

your profile says its the 4.0, right? check craigslist, and junk yards around. these are pretty easy to come by it seems, and some are pretty reasonably priced.
Utah Jeepcrew #63
mediumdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
Niagarajeep19
1997 TJ Wrangler 

ya its the stock 4L engine, and sorry i didnt do it myself i had a mechanic install everything. ive looked everywhere on the internet same with the mechanic, he found a new one in the box but it was $3000 plus about $1000 to have it put in, and it was in the states so it would cost a ton to have it shipped to me and it would have duties for crossing the border on top of it too
Niagarajeep19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
hndswthtshdws
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Why would you put a new engine in? There are plenty of good used ~$1200 engines out there. CAD. In your area. Hell there's one out of a Cherokee with 220k on it for $525 bucks in Stoney Creek. That might be a few more k's than you want but who cares, you're selling it right?

www.car-part.com
hndswthtshdws is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1997 , engine died , parts , sale , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.