Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > XJ Advice: Settle for an Auto?

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

XJ Advice: Settle for an Auto? Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

XJ Advice: Settle for an Auto?

Email Bookmark Print
DarrylCF
Jacksonville

Jeep Information

Hi all,
I've been scouring Craigslist for the past couple of weeks looking for an XJ that has a reasonable number of miles, 4x4, 4 door, and manual and have found one that was sold before I could drive to go see it. I've now come across a '99 that I would classify as exellent condition with 117k miles on it which seems awesome compared to what I've been looking at mileagewise, the catch is it's an auto... I'm looking for some advice to as if I should pursue it. I want to build an XJ and use it for moderate offroading, but also a DD and that's one of the big reasons I wanted a manual, auto it boring to me. I've never owned a Jeep before, so will awesomeness of the XJ alone make up for the fun factor lost with the manual? Thoughts or opinons from people that might have had both would be appreciated. Also any insight on the '99 year in particular as to tranny swaps would be cool, I've read a lot of threads about swaps but usually about different years. Thanks.

Darryl

Tags
None

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.