X, SE, Sahara, Sport what? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > X, SE, Sahara, Sport what?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 05-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
pipelineaudio
1999 TJ Wrangler 

X, SE, Sahara, Sport what?

OK, I thought I needed a sahara or rubicon, as these posts on the board have me terrified of getting stuck. My terrain is mostly bumpy dirt roads with some rocks that will hit my toyota corolla but clear fine in a nissan xterra, and also sandy washes and riverbottoms where some people with 2wd trucks are able to go thru.

I am certainly going to get a D44 rear axle, but do I care that the sahara flares are 1" wider than the sport? What else am I giving up by not going with a sahara?

pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 06:36 PM   #2
PILL
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Do you plan on doing anything more than you just described, because any Jeep will do what you just described fine.
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Not all Saharas have a D44 rear axle. The Sahara option package was more for looks than preformance or capability.

If you don't care about the looks part, widen your search to include the Sport model. I liked the Sport model better.

"Do you plan on doing anything more than you just described, because any Jeep will do what you just described fine"

x2 on this. If you don't plan on any more than you described, you don't need a Rubi, any TJ will do that stuff stock.
Unread 05-06-2008, 10:03 PM   #4
pipelineaudio
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I have a feeling Ill get bitten by whatever bug you guys got and maybe want to go to 31" tires or whatever and try to go to more and more trails.

My main thing right now is to go to some of the wonderful places only a few miles from me that I have to drive by or miles around at the moment because I havent got the car for it while I see Jeeps driving down them constantly when Im on foot or mountainbike.

I dont have any immediate plans of rock crawling or any of that stuff where you gotta pull your sway bars. I'd probably like a skidplate though just because you never know in some of these washes that you hit a soft patch and WHACK some exposed rock.

Also there is sometimes water up to 1.5 feet deep in one of the places I'd like to go. People usually just drive around it thru the sandy stuff then cross at shallower spots, but I see some stock height looking jeeps go straight thru...I dont know if I need some mod to do that that Im not seeing.
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 07:32 AM   #5
jrh

Just about everything that came with the Sahara package could be ordered as an option on the Sport. At this site: http://www.intellichoice.com/search/Used/Jeep
you can find what was standard and what was an option for each year.
jrh is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.