Wrangler vs Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Wrangler vs Cherokee

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 06-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
johanvr

Wrangler vs Cherokee

Hi Guys,
I'm new to the Jeep and off-road scene, so I need some help with my first purchase.
I'll use it for my daily commute to the office (I'm trading in my sedan),
and also the occasional trip to the beach (about 500 miles) which will only entail sand dunes.

I found these two vehicles:
Wrangler Sahara 4.0 Automatic (2004)
Cherokee 3.7 A/T Limited (2009)

Which one would offer a comfortable drive down to the coast, but still handle the off-road part?

Thank you,
Jo

johanvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
JeepCares

I'd suggest test driving both. See which one is more comfortable to you.
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
Adam013085

The 09 would be a Grand Cherokee. With the wrangler the top and doors come off and it will be a big harsher of a ride. The Grand Cherokee will probably have a bit better MPG although not by a lot and a smoother ride. The wrangler will handle better off road out of the box but the Grand would probably do fine for what you need. If it were me I would choose the wrangler hands down, but that is personal preference.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
dmill89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam013085 View Post
The 09 would be a Grand Cherokee. With the wrangler the top and doors come off and it will be a big harsher of a ride. The Grand Cherokee will probably have a bit better MPG although not by a lot and a smoother ride. The wrangler will handle better off road out of the box but the Grand would probably do fine for what you need. If it were me I would choose the wrangler hands down, but that is personal preference.
Note the OP's Location. He is in South Africa, outside of the US the Liberty was sold as the Cherokee so it is likely a Liberty not a Grand Cherokee.
dmill89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
Adam013085

Ah, i did not notice the location and i actually didnt realize it would be badged differently in a different country either. Learn something new everyday
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.