Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Wrangler UnHelp limited Sahara or Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon first buyer whats better

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Canada1984 
#1 ·
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara or Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

So I will be buying a Jeep late in the summer. Im trying to figure out if there is enough difference between those 2 models.

I don't care about all the extra accessorys . As im looking forward to custom adding those myself as i go.

Is the Rubicon much better for off roading.Or are they almost the same.

What exactly is the mager differnce. Like is the engine much better in the rubicon compared to Sahara.

I know the suspension is tighter on the Rubicon. But is the suspension acutely better.

I do plan on taking it off roading. Im sure i wont be doing the most insane like mountain rock climbing. But im pretty adventurous.So i will want to try do as much as i can and what the jeep can do.With different types of off roading ect.

All he help please and thank you.

See less See more
#3 ·
Ok the differance is the Rubicon was made for off roading, and yes there is a significant difference, do a search,

Rubicon
D44s front and rear
Electric lockers front and rear
Stronger drive shafts
4:1 Low transfer case, it's also stronger with larger chain
4.10 gearing from the factory
32" Mud terrains from the factory

So not the engine and transmission are the same, but after that everything else is considerably stronger, it was designed for off roading. The lockers are very helpful off road and if you plan on using a jeep for off roading I would get the Rubicon, it's really a no brainier. If you were a soccer mom and wanted to look nice get the Sahara

Sahara
D44 rear D30 Front
limited slip rear option
2.72:1 Low transfer case standard strength
3.73 gearing
30s or 31s I believe.

Basically the Sahara is just a nicer looking version of every other jeep, if you want less frills get an X and save the money for mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.