Would you pull the trigger? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Would you pull the trigger?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 11-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
PapaBean

Would you pull the trigger?

2000 TJ Sahara
83000 miles
6 cyl
Manual 5-sp
Dana 30/44 geared 3.73
4.5 Long Arm lift
SYE
Skid plate
New set Mickey Thompson 33s and rims
No rust (supposedly)
Reese hitch
Soft top

Assuming all above in good condition, asking price is 11k in Midwest

PapaBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Since the rust issue is "supposedly" and it has been 13 years in the rust belt, and since it has been modified (unknown as to how well modified and the experience of the modifier) and apparently off-roaded (unknown as to how often and how hard), it would certainly not be worth $11,000 to me if I were buying.
IF it checks out as to the rust issues, and starts, turns, stops and idles perfectly; then I might consider $8,000, although I would look it over very throughly.

Post some pictures if you remain interested. They would help the experts on this forum to give you some good advice.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
gunut
2013 JK Wrangler 

top dollar and then some....even if great condition
gunut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
Adam013085

If everything was done correctly and not a rust bucket it would be an $11k vehicle all day in southern illinois.
Adam013085 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
PapaBean

It's the correctly part I worried about, as well as no rust in Michigan? Seemed to good to be true, so I'm moving on. Thanks for the input, I'm back in shopping mode, so hopefully something will turn up that's not crap, overpriced, or both. Anyway, I always come here for advice. This place rocks.
PapaBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #6
Jason
Sarcastic Genius

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't dismiss it. Perhaps it was stored in the winter? (Mine is.) Low miles could indicate as such. Good price if its clean in this region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.