is this worth $1000 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > is this worth $1000

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
jhrebs
1987 YJ Wrangler 

is this worth $1000

Engine runs Awesome!!! Frame is solid!!! Body is shot! FUBAR!!

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/pts/4235601150.html

Unread 12-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Says $800 at the bottom. I'd buy it for that if I was looking for a project. If not you could make some cash parting it out. The Warn is worth half that alone. "Seahag"

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
scramblered
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
Says $800 at the bottom. I'd buy it for that if I was looking for a project. If not you could make some cash parting it out. The Warn is worth half that alone. "Seahag"
Unfortunately the winch is not included (darn fine print). I think it seems too high for what your getting but that's just my opinion. I paid $500 for my '95 and while far from good it, is alot better that. Good luck, Dave
Unread 12-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #4
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramblered View Post
Unfortunately the winch is not included (darn fine print). I think it seems too high for what your getting but that's just my opinion. I paid $500 for my '95 and while far from good it, is alot better that. Good luck, Dave
Well nevermind. Must not have caught that.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

He wants 1500 for the Jeep, the tires (not included) he wants 800.
Interesting round headlight conversion. Anyone know anything about it?
Unread 12-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
Scubby
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I guess it depends on what you actually want to do with it. Do you know how many miles are on the engine? It seems like that and the transmission are about all that it is worth. And maybe the frame, but when he says its been repaired that would make me a little nervous. I'd have to check it out thoroughly first. I also don't think I'd want that axle set up unless you are strictly rock crawling only. I wouldn't pay 1500.00 for it. You're basically going to have to completely rebuild it or part it out.

I don't think that's a round headlight conversion, I think they just backed out the square lights. I might be wrong though. its difficult to tell from just the pics...
Scubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The jeeps worth about $600 but the SEAHAG on the hood brings up the $$ big time! I would keep looking. It hard to overcome that much cancer. If it has that much you can see then it will have 2x that you cant see. My yj was rust free for $1700.
90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
yjcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
Scubby
1994 YJ Wrangler 

That's a really good point!! No matter how good a jeep looks or feels. It will always have twice as much needing done to it then you think. If you want something that is dependable, and that you won't sink 10 grand into rebuilding look for something else. You could always part it. but I agree with yjcrawlr: its worth about $600. And I don't think you'll get a whole lot more than that parting it out even.
Scubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #9
GrantYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't give more than $400-$500. Even then, only if I was wanting to build a "trail only" Jeep.
“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.” ― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
GrantYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #10
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

If the tires and the winch don't come with it, then I wouldn't pay more than $500 for it IF there was something there that I wanted.

Oh yeah, thats not a round light conversion. Looks like they are just glued in there to me.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #11
GrantYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDNewman View Post
If the tires and the winch don't come with it, then I wouldn't pay more than $500 for it IF there was something there that I wanted.

Oh yeah, thats not a round light conversion. Looks like they are just glued in there to me.
I'm relatively sure that it's actually round headlights via "sharpie" ...those are square lights.
“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.” ― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
GrantYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 06:27 AM   #12
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantYJ View Post
I'm relatively sure that it's actually round headlights via "sharpie" ...those are square lights.
Hey, thats sure a possibility!
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #13
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

it kinda is worth that and kinda not, if you add all the parts and a clear title, good running motor, its worth a 1000, but the body suck. but body can be replace, as long as the title is good, a good running motor worth 800, then transmission, axles, transfer case. its something to consider
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #14
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

I'd say no, especially since the winch/wheels/tires/top are NOT included.

What you have is 1500 of running parts. If you want to do anything with it other than enter it into a demo derby, or wheel it offroad til it dies, you'll easily spend 2-3 times the purchase price, and a boatload of time/energy.

Spend twice that and get something relatively decent to begin with.

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.