World War 2 Military Jeeps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > World War 2 Military Jeeps

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 06-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
RyanStorm

World War 2 Military Jeeps

I have really wanted a 1940's Jeep, and I know they are based just off the ones they were using for the military, but the ones I have seen/attempted to buy, have all been CJ's.

I want a Jeep from World War 2, one that was military issued. I was told by my dad's friend that they were called Willys MB, and I found out that any CJ was made for public and wouldn't be military issued. I also read that there is also other models like GPW. But I am not totally sure what the Hotchkiss models are, I think they are the brand before Willys and Jeep?

I wanted to know if anyone has got one before? I am sure they are very capable of getting down and dirty, but I would restore it just for its looks. I just haven't really seen any except online, and don't know how well they handle; like if they are worth restoring for actual "Off-Road Utah" use?

RyanStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
zeke6785
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm kind of confused by your question. There are a ton of guys who have restored MB's, GPW 's, and BRC's out there, all you have to do is a quick Google search. As for the handling and performance of them, it's about what you would expect. They reach a top speed of about 45-50 MPH and they drive like a house. Manual steering and manual brakes make them really fun and different to drive.
Smittybilt Stinger
zeke6785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
Smeg
2006 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.ewillys.com/category/MB/?tag=stock

Enjoy

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.