WK Buying Advice! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > WK Buying Advice!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 07-19-2012, 01:39 AM   #1
eellis2132

WK Buying Advice!

First post on the Jeep forums, hopefully many more to come!

I have been shopping for a 05 Grand Cherokee Limited (with the 5.7L) for a few weeks now... only problem is that it's all been online and through emails with dealerships since I live in NM, and the closest decent sized city is 2 hours away. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I'm seeing to get a good condition 05 GC Limited with around 70k-80k miles it's going to be in the 13k-15k range. I've limited my search to within 400 miles, since I'll be trading in my current DD... I'm sure I can find some deals outside of that range but I've just never dealt too heavily with dealerships and don't feel like driving incredibly far. I did however find a great condition one owner 05 GC Limited with 120k miles for 9k (minus a few grand for my trade in).

I take good care of my DD (Grand Am), it's at 115k right now and the biggest issue I've ever had was with the Monsoon sound system when installing a custom sound system. Like I said I'm in NM (military) and usually make 5-6 1,000+ mile round trips a year to see family and it's held up very well. I do have another vehicle (99 Trans Am) but it's my weekend/track baby... close to 500 HP NA

What I'm wanting to know, is would you take the 120k mileage GC for cheap or keep on looking for a decent deal on a 70k-80k mileage one. I have reached out through the family and facebook and no one can give me any accurate info on how long one of those 5.7L Hemi's will run on good maintenance so I was hoping I could get that info here.

Thanks!

edit: I have also asked a couple dealerships about having 3rd party inspectors come look at the vehicles. Does anyone have a good recommendation on some 3rd part inspection services, or what to look for when getting one?

Also, looking back over the 120k miler, I noticed down in the small print "notes": Prices are internet specials, based on cash sales only. Financing is avaialble at normal retail price. - Since I'll be financing, I had to email them and find out what the retail price is since it's 300 miles away and I can't just drive there That definitely changes things.

Last edited by eellis2132; 07-19-2012 at 02:39 AM..
eellis2132 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2012, 04:00 AM   #2
eellis2132

Also, since I won't be doing a LOT of offroading (especially not any rock crawling)... should I step my requirements down? Take a look at a Laredo? Thanks for any help
eellis2132 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.