What price should I offer for this 97 TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > What price should I offer for this 97 TJ

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!

Unread 09-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
lostmimic
2014 JK Wrangler 

What price should I offer for this 97 TJ

No doors or top, 6 cylinder, stick shift, 164K miles, going to physically view/test drive it this afternoon. I am looking for a weekend project car to go have some fun in the woods with on the weekends/load up with kayaks and my dog for transport.

He is asking $3900, I think it is "good" KBB condition so either $3900 if the AC works or $3650 if it doesn't but Ill try to make the case that buying the door and top would run $400-500 and try to bring down the price some more.

As I am new to the world of Jeeps so was looking for some more knowledgeable eyes to take a look. The front fender looked painted due to color miss-match so was going to pay for a carfax report once I get the VIN.

Thank you for the help in advance.

lostmimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
lostmimic
2014 JK Wrangler 

So I went to look at it and there was rust all over the place, holes in the frame where I could pick out chunks of rusted metal

AKA no go for launch. My search will continue...
Unread 09-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
Andrewbp

Funny thing is I have see. This in the orlando market CL too.
Andrewbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
lostmimic
2014 JK Wrangler 

Yeah I gave in, traded my 11 Camaro and picked up a 14 JK

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.