What price should I offer for this 97 TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > What price should I offer for this 97 TJ

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
lostmimic
2014 JK Wrangler 

What price should I offer for this 97 TJ

No doors or top, 6 cylinder, stick shift, 164K miles, going to physically view/test drive it this afternoon. I am looking for a weekend project car to go have some fun in the woods with on the weekends/load up with kayaks and my dog for transport.

He is asking $3900, I think it is "good" KBB condition so either $3900 if the AC works or $3650 if it doesn't but Ill try to make the case that buying the door and top would run $400-500 and try to bring down the price some more.

As I am new to the world of Jeeps so was looking for some more knowledgeable eyes to take a look. The front fender looked painted due to color miss-match so was going to pay for a carfax report once I get the VIN.

Thank you for the help in advance.

lostmimic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
lostmimic
2014 JK Wrangler 

So I went to look at it and there was rust all over the place, holes in the frame where I could pick out chunks of rusted metal

AKA no go for launch. My search will continue...
Unread 09-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
Andrewbp

Funny thing is I have see. This in the orlando market CL too.
Andrewbp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
lostmimic
2014 JK Wrangler 

Yeah I gave in, traded my 11 Camaro and picked up a 14 JK

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.