What exactly do I have - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > What exactly do I have

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
Greatplns
1966 FSJ Wagoneer 

What exactly do I have

Hi All,

Hope this is the correct spot to ask this. I just purchased a 1966 Jeep Super Wagoneer that some of you may have seen on ebay. I was a little skeptical myself, so with cautious optimism I bought it.

The super wagoneer was delivered last night, so I went through most of it today and have more questions than when I started. First of all the serial number is 1414D 100037, meaning the 37th super wagoneer made in 1966, right? Is anyone aware of any lower number still existing?

After looking through the extensive paperwork that came with the Jeep, it turns out the original owner bought in Feb 16, 1966 was E.F. Kaiser. I looked up that name and it's either Edgar senior who was Henry Kaiser's son or Edgar junior who was Henry Kaiser's Grandson and one time owner of the Denver Broncos. E.F. Kaiser owned the Jeep for 16 years and sold it in 1982. If this vehicle belonged to Edgar Junior, he would have bought it when he was 24 years old. It would make more sense that the father owned it, as he passed away in 1981 and probably was sold as part of the estate? From a value standpoint does it make any difference?

It has 51,000 original, documented miles, so I think I'm going to restore it to as close to new as I can. Just wondering if the low serial number and the close connection to the Kaiser family has any bearing on value.

Thank you all very much for your opinions and look forward to some time on the site.

Garey

Greatplns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.