What to do with $3500... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > What to do with $3500...

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
sithlord
1998 ZJ 

What to do with $3500...

If I was going to get a $3500 Wrangler, what do you think is the "best" I can get?

With a $3500 budget should I get a Wrangler, or should I simply buy a cheaper car that's no fun and continue to save up to get a Wrangler that I want?

I need a 2nd vehicle and I want a Wrangler (who doesn't?). We are currently a single vehicle household, so this would be something to sit and wait for me to need/want to drive it (maybe 1 - 2 times per week). I will also tow this behind my motorhome and do some very light off-road goodness. I've got $3500 (ish) in my budget.

If I were not on a budget I'd go for a 97 - 98 with the 6-cyl, but I don't think I'm going to find one for that. I did find one for maybe $4500 with high miles and a 4-banger.

Thanks!

Last edited by sithlord; 05-13-2008 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: I wrote it poorly :)
sithlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
sickLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

You get what you pay for. Stay away from the 4 bangers. My buddy bought a salvage title TJ last month for $3k and did a little body work on it to make it look great. Keep your eye out for the deals, and keep saving. I know you can get into a tj with a 4.0 for $5-6K. Good luck.
sickLJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.