What to do? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > What to do?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 06-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
csmall

What to do?

I currently own a 2010 Liberty Renegade.

Lately I've had the itch to change to a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited

Aside from the obvious differences between the two (cosmetic, roof/removal etc..) what would I gain by switching? The Liberty seems to be quite capable even in its stock configuration of handling off-road tasks..

I like the flexibility and options associated with the Wrangler Unlimited.. and it looks pretty awesome, that's doesnt hurt. Fuel economy seems similar between the two.

Wranglers seem to hold their value better than the Liberty.

Assuming the financial aspect isn't a big issue, would you switch and why?

I'm about 80/20 on vs off road. I live in the northeast so both vehicles are more than capable.

csmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
Adam013085

Yes. topless, door less, more abundance of aftermarket parts, wrangler looks better IMO.... Could go on for more but I won't.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmall View Post
I currently own a 2010 Liberty Renegade.

Lately I've had the itch to change to a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited

Aside from the obvious differences between the two (cosmetic, roof/removal etc..) what would I gain by switching? The Liberty seems to be quite capable even in its stock configuration of handling off-road tasks..

I like the flexibility and options associated with the Wrangler Unlimited.. and it looks pretty awesome, that's doesnt hurt. Fuel economy seems similar between the two.

Wranglers seem to hold their value better than the Liberty.

Assuming the financial aspect isn't a big issue, would you switch and why?

I'm about 80/20 on vs off road. I live in the northeast so both vehicles are more than capable.
The aftermarket for the Wrangler is 100 times better than that for the Liberty. Meaning that upgrades and repairs are a ton easier and possibly cheaper. The Wrangler has a solid front axle compared to the Liberty's IFS, which is not only better off road, it's easier to lift/maintain.

If it were me, I would totally go for it!

-Zach
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
csmall

I think I'm going to. The difficult part now is finding one!!

There is a million black sports.. trying to find a color I want in the trim I want at the right price seems downright impossible at the moment haha

I'd like to find a used 2012 Sahara in dune or like a military green... But all I find is either bare bones models or over the top loaded ones.. not much in the middle.

The search continues!
csmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
Adam013085

12s+ are hard to find but they are out there. Seems that they will have 5k miles on it and the owner didnt want it or they don't really exist. You may be able to snag a new one for about as cheap as a used 12. They also give you more for trade when you buy new (most times).
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.