To warrant or not to warrant..... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > To warrant or not to warrant.....

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-22-2007, 03:46 PM   #1
FatBuoy

To warrant or not to warrant.....

Hello all. Great forum! I've had a few Jeeps in my life, but it's been about 15 years since the last one. I've missed them, but for every day practicality I have chosen various cars and trucks. In walks in the JKs! I'm ordering an Unlimited Rubicon. I'm planning on keeping it for the long haul, as it has everything I need from a vehicle..and it's a Jeep! I love the lifetime powertrain warranty and understand that it can not be transferred, which is why I'm not looking for a used one. As you probably know, you can also get a bumper to bumper lifetime warranty(also can't be transferred). It would cost me about $2,900. What have you all done, and do you think it's worth the $3k providing you keep it for at least 10 years?

All feedback is welcomed and I look forward to re-earning my wings soon.

Thanks!

FatBuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

my personal experience with a varying amount of warranties is that if at all possible the dealer will try to find a way to screw you. if you ever want to mod your jeep it will void a whole list of the warranty that you paid 3k for. my is just stick with the powertrain and use that money for something else.

-Kyle
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.