Want a Jeep again...what to do? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Want a Jeep again...what to do?

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 11-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
Treleaven
1997 ZJ 

Want a Jeep again...what to do?

So near the end of May I got rid of my Jeep ZJ and picked up a 02 Jetta TDI. The fuel efficiency is rediculous but now that snow is here and the forest roads are looking extremely fun, I am craving another Jeep. I am hoping to find something under $1500 as it will only really be used on the weekends in the bush minus the pavement traveling to the bush. I really enjoyed my ZJ and how capable it was, but I am also intrigued with XJ's and WJ's.

Is there anyone who has owned all or driven all who can compare the quality, comfort, maintenance, price of upgrades, and capability?

It will be used in terrain in British Columbia so no boulder crawling or dunes. Mostly forest roads with snow and the odd washout here or there.

Unread 11-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
GreenLeader
1998 ZJ 

I'd say stay with Grand Cherokee. I've had three ZJ's and one WJ. I've never owned an XJ before but I have wheeled a couple. For me it just came to body style preference and the extra room in the Grands.

I browsed your local Craigslist for ZJ's under 1500. You have a pretty good selection of Jeeps.

In fact here is a Niner.
http://bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/4131444438.html
Unread 11-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
offroadtimmy

I have a JKUR, XJ, and my wife drives a WJ. I love them all. The XJ is probably the cheapest all the way around tho. Fixing and upgrading
offroadtimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
Treleaven
1997 ZJ 

We are leaning more towards the WJ. It has a bit newer styling and with a little effort it can look pretty beefy, not to mention the spare tire is hidden with the WJ and not taking up tonnes of room in the cargo area and also doesn't require a spare holder on the back adding excess unwanted weight.
Treleaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.