Value of 89 islander - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Value of 89 islander

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

Value of 89 islander

So i have the chance to buy a partially disassembled 89 4.2 5 spd islander, needs wiring and vacume(ahhhh) hooked back up, the motor and tranny have not been started/ran since installed but were told had ran. the body and frame are in execellent condition for my area, no rust holes no bubbling that i noticed. there is a large hole were someone didnt know how to remove step and ripped it out(would be covered easily by rocker gaurds). needs a floor pan welded in but does have it. only thing he thinks its missing is a drivers seat. has both tops and bikini top. no lift or any mods, does need new tires as its been sitting in a garage for the last 6 years or so. what do you guys think this is worth in current condition? or at least some quesses. or if you sold/bought a completed /running YJ around that year what did you pay. my plan is if i buy it is to finish it and sell it. id like to keep and make a dedicated trail rig but that kind of defeats all the money i put into my JK

Unread 09-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
lordryan93gt
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I just got a 89 yj running condition, needs paint and a windshield, and one hole patched up, but no other rust and paid $2000 for it. 4.2L I got pictures posted in this same subject."new to jeep new to this site" I believe
lordryan93gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #3
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

ok, thanks for the info. i can get this one for $600. it needs work to be put back together but i think its worth my time
Unread 09-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
lordryan93gt
1989 YJ Wrangler 

no rust? just replacing the driver floor ? if the motor is good and tranny, then I say its a deal. good luck with the new project
lordryan93gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.