Value of 89 islander - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Value of 89 islander

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 09-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

Value of 89 islander

So i have the chance to buy a partially disassembled 89 4.2 5 spd islander, needs wiring and vacume(ahhhh) hooked back up, the motor and tranny have not been started/ran since installed but were told had ran. the body and frame are in execellent condition for my area, no rust holes no bubbling that i noticed. there is a large hole were someone didnt know how to remove step and ripped it out(would be covered easily by rocker gaurds). needs a floor pan welded in but does have it. only thing he thinks its missing is a drivers seat. has both tops and bikini top. no lift or any mods, does need new tires as its been sitting in a garage for the last 6 years or so. what do you guys think this is worth in current condition? or at least some quesses. or if you sold/bought a completed /running YJ around that year what did you pay. my plan is if i buy it is to finish it and sell it. id like to keep and make a dedicated trail rig but that kind of defeats all the money i put into my JK

Unread 09-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
lordryan93gt
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I just got a 89 yj running condition, needs paint and a windshield, and one hole patched up, but no other rust and paid $2000 for it. 4.2L I got pictures posted in this same subject."new to jeep new to this site" I believe
lordryan93gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

ok, thanks for the info. i can get this one for $600. it needs work to be put back together but i think its worth my time
Unread 09-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
lordryan93gt
1989 YJ Wrangler 

no rust? just replacing the driver floor ? if the motor is good and tranny, then I say its a deal. good luck with the new project
lordryan93gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.