Value of a 1951 CJ3A - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Value of a 1951 CJ3A

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
JasonMayhem

Value of a 1951 CJ3A

Hey Everyone, I am pretty new to the forum, hoping to get a jeep soon, and I have a few questions. I am currently looking at a 1951 Jeep CJ3a and am trying to figure out how much I should offer the guy selling it. It was a frame off restoration, but the current owner bought it off the guy that did the bulk of the restoration, the current owner is a mechanic and finished the resoration, but doesn't know much about jeeps in general. This is what I could get from him. The frame is original, the body is new, the axles are from a cj7 it has a chevy vortec v6 engine with around 60k miles on it (I just have to take him at his word that this is correct), borg warner transmission 4 speed, power steering, and no top. It is in pretty near perfect condition, no rust on the body, hardly even any at all on the axles or anything. I am really interested in buying it, but am not sure what a fair value is for it. Thanks in advance for any insight!

JasonMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
Rubiscon
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Its worth whatever someone is willing to pay....if its neat looking go for it....
Rubiscon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #3
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like it would NOT be your "daily driver", but a heck of a lot of fun! Check the Kelly Blue Book on it (if it's even in there). I'm sure you're aware that buying any vehicle from a mechanic CAN be a nightmare. If you know a little about mechanics yourself, look over everything carefully, cuz something that old is bound to have a lot of homemade "fix-its". And 60K on any engine (especially a 4wd) is a LOT if it's not an original engine.
my
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.