Used Jeep Grand Cherokee and Extended Warranty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Used Jeep Grand Cherokee and Extended Warranty

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wi

Unread 08-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #1
acook41078
2011 XJ Cherokee 

Used Jeep Grand Cherokee and Extended Warranty

I just purchased a used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 25k miles. The dealer was very pushy with the extended warranty, and wanted $2500 for it. I knew that was high so decided to get one after market. After reading about all of the trouble people have had with these I am trying to find a decent price with a reputable company.

After searching the forums it seems that most have used chryslerfactoryplans.com or chryslerwarrantys.com. I am having trouble finding out 100% that these are backed by the factory. Are both of these factory backed and good to use? Or is there one that has been better to deal with and preferred by you?

And just to make sure I understand correctly, both of these ext warranty plans start from the day the vehicle was purchased by the original owner correct? I ask because the chryslerfactoryplans says 5yr/85000, while the other site says 7yrs. So unless I am reading it wrong the second one would give me longer coverage.

Thanks in advance, and after a couple days of reading this board has given me a ton of info. Very glad I signed up!

acook41078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
JeepCares

This is the "official" site http://www.moparvehicleprotection.com/ where you can buy directly from Chrysler Group LLC. Our franchise dealers also have the ability to sell Chrysler-backed service contracts. The two sites above are run by dealers.

Chrysler Group LLC backs the Mopar Vehicle Protection plans, and pays for repairs to your Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep® or other vehicle, according to the terms and conditions described in your personalized plan provisions.

New Vehicle plan coverage begins on the vehicle's warranty start date (the date the vehicle was delivered to its original owner) and at zero miles. This coverage does not begin upon expiration of the new vehicle warranty.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
acook41078
2011 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks Lee for your answer. So are these plans given out by Riedman Motors Co., Inc.? When I filled out the info online that is who replied back to me. I just wanted to make sure thats legit.

Thanks
acook41078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #4
JeepCares

I think one is Harold Ziegler and the other Northampton, but maybe they have some kind of arrangement with Riedman. Chrysler Group LLC does not own the websites.

Only Chrysler and their franchised dealers can sell "genuine Chrysler" plans - Mopar Vehicle Protection. However, dealers can sell other plans besides those from Chrysler.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.