Trannys in used Grand Cherokees - Are some better? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Trannys in used Grand Cherokees - Are some better?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
Gschin

Trannys in used Grand Cherokees - Are some better?

Hi
I'm looking to buy a used GC. I was fairly set on looking for an 08 with the CRD but someone made a good comment that the tranny isn't the greatest. If I give up the CRD for the Hemi and move up a couple of years (I don't want to move up too many as it would likely be more than I would want to spend) are there better trannys to be had?
Thanks much

Gschin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
Gschin

I searched and found that starting in 11 the GC got a remodel along with some changes to the tranny - and then another change that turned the tranny into 6 speeds again in 2012. I did see some of these years in my price range so am thinking I should consider them, but are these trannys better than what they put in the 08's?
Thanks much
Gschin is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.