Trade advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Trade advice

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
redsncans

Trade advice

I have a 93 Silverado that has been garage kept by an elderly friend of the family since new. He recently passed and I bought it worth the money. It's showroom on the inside, and tight.
This brings me to the deal. I found a 79 CJ7 Renegade build that is 99% done. They have over $10k in it and showed me the receipts for a lot of it. It's a straight 6 4 speed, rhino lined underneath, has a new fiberglass body with new paint, new wheels and tires, new displays and more. The 2 issues are the speedometer isn't grounded due to the rhino lining(not a problem fix), and he says it won't pass emissions due to him redoing the carb etc(this makes me a bit nervous).
The truck is my daily driver, so if I trade the jeep would be. I need an approx value for the jeep.
My question is how much does the fiberglass body help/hurt it? I can't post pics because I am new here, but I'd be happy to send them to someone here if they would be nice enough to post them for me. Please PM me for my email. Thanks in advance.

redsncans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 04:29 AM   #2
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Don't need it

Fiberglass body might mean serious issues such as hidden rust or frame damage.
Not passing emissions- the deal breaker. You dont want to have to troubleshoot this or deal with this.

Keep looking this isnt a good deal
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
Adam013085

I would think pretty hard before DDing a CJ anyway. Are there people that do it? yes, and I am sure there are quite a few on this board, however it is a different animal than a modern vehicle. Thank God I live in a state without emissions testing.....
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.