JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep Buying Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f165/)
-   -   TJ Year Difference or JK? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f165/tj-year-difference-jk-1553351/)

cakeeater 07-24-2013 11:12 PM

TJ Year Difference or JK?

Hey Everyone,

Haven't been on the forum in years but I'm looking for some advice if any can be given.

I've had a '00 TJ since I started driving in 2008 with approx 125k miles on it now. I love it to death but have been mulling over the idea to get a new Jeep because I'm getting a little frustrated at the little things. A/C doesnt blow cold anymore, seats getting too worn and ripping, needing a new muffler, and whatever other problems that always come up.

I need help deciding whether or not a JK is worth the money and time or if even a newer model TJ would be best. I love the TJ look however I'd like something a bit more comforting on the inside. Does the newer maybe '06 TJ ride better and generate less noise (less tire choice) than the older models? Does the JK ride much better than the TJ? I havent been driving any besides mine but I'm stuck on whether or not I want to shell out the $$ for a newer model now that its 2013 or search for a nice TJ that wont give me problems either. In my perfect world - a 2010-2013+ wrangler would look like a TJ with an interior of the JK. Or at least be as comforting and easy.

Any help would be appreciated and I can clarify anything if you're confused.

Thanks,
Dan

Also I dont do much offroading at all. I haven't gone out to do it even with the TJ I currently own but have used it for some more rugged terrain when necessary and beach driving, heavy snow etc. So while that isnt a big concern of mine I'd still like the ability which to my knowledge is more advantageous in the TJ.

Adam013085 07-26-2013 03:54 PM

Better ride, more convenience go with a JK hands down. I doubt an 06 TJ will be much of a step up from your TJ other than the air may blow colder.

jeepwrangler97 07-26-2013 04:05 PM

Why not spend a fraction of the cost of a new jeep & get some really nice seats, suspension & a quiet top & fix your a/c?

Imo that route could yield a nice dd...

Sent by a messenger bird

robtco99 07-27-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 (Post 15722050)
Why not spend a fraction of the cost of a new jeep & get some really nice seats, suspension & a quiet top & fix your a/c?

Imo that route could yield a nice dd...

Sent by a messenger bird

x2

125k is really nothing for a jeep. Spend 2-3k to fix up what up have and drive it for a few more years. Sure beats spending 10x that for a new jeep and having a car payment.

AppStateTJ 07-27-2013 08:19 PM

I bought a DD with good gas mileage so the TJ takes it easy in the garage and gets fixed when broken (it has 117k miles). My a/c is not blowing cold, but I only drive it when I can go top down and doors off. I am with the other guys, just fix the one you got.

The time now is 05:06 AM.