tj wrangler FS it got a HEMI - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > tj wrangler FS it got a HEMI

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 12-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
berksboy
1998 TJ Wrangler 

tj wrangler FS it got a HEMI

so i have a wrangler im trying to sell not because its a piece of junk its to much for my girlfriend , i love the thing its got a 5.7 Hemi conversion done up just right so many brand new things done to it to list its a 98 frame and body that was completely taken apart sanded primed painted , the tub was all rhino lined the hemi is out of a 05 dodge 1500 it only has 63,400 miles 4 inch lift brand new mud tires and wheels looks beautiful sounds incredible with its true headers and dual side piped exhuast im sure there is more i just cant think of it i was hoping to get at least $12,000 any one have an idea as to what its worth or if any one out there is interested ? i heard from the previous owner the conversion alone was $20,000

berksboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

As has been said on this forum repeatedly, modifications to stock jeeps add no value. This jeep would be worth nothing in a trade to a dealership. The problem here is not knowing the expertise of the person who did the lift and/or the engine swap. Nor is the quality of the parts involved known. A lift of four inches requires a lot of suspension/steering/transmission modifications/corrections. Adding the weight of a hemi to the front of a Wrangler is bad enough on the weight distribution, much less the stress on the transmission, brakes and drive train, but throwing that lift in there easily doubles the problem areas. I would be leery of this combination even if it were done by the factory.
Add to that the rino-lined tub and a frame that is "sanded primed painted" which could point to a rust cover-up job and you have a unit that is worthless to anyone who is not looking for Wrangler with a hemi conversion and a 4" lift. Probably someone who does a lot of hill climbs, but those guys usually put together their own units.
Your best bet would be to find some kid who likes to mall crawl and make loud noises to attract the attention of little kids; or else someone who needs the parts.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
Duck Doctor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by berksboy View Post
so i have a wrangler im trying to sell not because its a piece of junk its to much for my girlfriend , i love the thing its got a 5.7 Hemi conversion done up just right so many brand new things done to it to list its a 98 frame and body that was completely taken apart sanded primed painted , the tub was all rhino lined the hemi is out of a 05 dodge 1500 it only has 63,400 miles 4 inch lift brand new mud tires and wheels looks beautiful sounds incredible with its true headers and dual side piped exhuast im sure there is more i just cant think of it i was hoping to get at least $12,000 any one have an idea as to what its worth or if any one out there is interested ? i heard from the previous owner the conversion alone was $20,000
Is this rig in PA? Post some pics along with a list of technical details including axles, gearing, lockers, lift brand...then we call help you with a price.
Duck Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
panaceabeachbum
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I would like to see pics, you can pm or email me if you prefer
panaceabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.