TJ or JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > TJ or JK

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 05-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
scottjwms

TJ or JK

Just sold my YJ and after deciding this 06 Unlimited rubicon http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/3810343181.html should be my next jeep, even if a bit pricy. Now I have realized a JK could be found in this price range. It has to be an unmolested Rubicon. When the JK with its V6 was first introduced, it was laughed at by some purists. Does the JK really get better mileage, how's reliability? I would need to get the TJ within the next few days since the guy hasn't gotten his price in 2 weeks and will sell to highest bid later this week? If I wait and let this one go, I'm sure I'll find something but I don't want to later regret not getting this one. I'm 67 and don't hang out with guys with jeeps so any comment is appreciated. I use a jeep to go camping and explore the Sierras.

Unread 05-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
VietVet67
2004 LJ Wrangler 

LJ for sure
Silver Jeep club member #76 Semper -Fi my brothers
VietVet67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
gunut
2013 JK Wrangler 

I see its been removed.....did you get it,,,,
gunut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
3X4X4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I owned a JK and I now own a TJ Rubicon. The JK is, well, horrid. The VSC is a constant aggravation going off in corners so much the tires cup. I tried to go to a larger tire and could not because the VSC became unpredictable and would sometimes go off when changing lanes and snatch the steering wheel. The engine was a gutless POC. No power and it began burning oil at 40,000 and stabilized it seems at 60,000 but still burned oil. The engine would not start sometimes unless I jiggled the shifter. The dash lights would occasionally all light up and go blank, the car would lurch and then everything return to normal. The top leaked bad. Lift kits, parts and accessories cost much more on average than for the TJ and as I said, unless you can defeat the VSC it is a challenge putting larger tires on the vehicle. The sheet metal is very thin. I think the front fenders (flanders) are hugely ugly. The door sill looks like a minivan entrance. The 2 dr, which I had, is too wide and out of proportion, the 4 door looks like a Model T, too long. I had engine work done to correct the oil burning, spent a ton of money trouble shooting the shifter jiggle, fixed it all and told it good bye. My new TJ is so much Jeepy, the JK is so much like a minivan.

J
3X4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.