Title Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Title Issues

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 11-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
SVTANNIE
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Title Issues

Just getting a feel for opinions,

Prior salvage title, do jeep buyers care for it or doesn't bother you?

Any input is appreciated!

SVTANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
Duck Doctor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would never purchase a rig with a salvage/rebuilt title. Generally these rigs sell for 50%-66% of a clean title rig
Duck Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
dmill89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

It's going to reduce the value significantly (usually 30-50%) as with any vehicle. How much and how easy it is to sell (or whether it is a good buy) depends on the extent of the damage and how well it was repaired.
dmill89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
goinbroke89
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I bought a 2001 Sahara with low miles with a rebuilt title. I tracked down the guy who had done the repair work. He showed me pics of when it was wrecked. Didn't look that bad although it was totaled. It looked great afterwards and drove perfectly the whole time I had it. The title situation bothered me some when I bought it, but I got it for such a good price, I did it anyway. After about two years I decided that I really didn't want to sink a lot of money into it (lift, stereo...) with a rebuilt title so I sold it. If you are sure you're going to hang on to it , it may not be a bad thing to buy one with a rebuilt title. No matter what though, it's only gonna be worth about 60-70% of its true value due to the title.
goinbroke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
Adam013085

Id only buy one with a rebuilt title if it was a steal and I planned on never selling it or getting much $ out of it when sold.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

you ought to be happy it has a title, so many has lost titles or cj7 register as cj5. if it has a clean title be happy
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.