Thoughts on this Wrangler? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Thoughts on this Wrangler?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
JasonosaJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thoughts on this Wrangler?

Im a young driver, but been working on Jeeps for years with some family/friends. Found this Jeep on craigslist about 30 minutes away from me, and going to look at it on Saturday. Just gunna post the basics of what the poster said and "borrow" some pictures.

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport
() 41,000 Miles
One owner ("Mechanic maintained since day one" -Poster)
Comes with Hard Top, new Soft Top, New front and rear coil springs, new rear shocks, 6ft plow.
Automatic
6 cylinder

I am trying to buy a Jeep primarily as a daily driver currently, but as I accumulate some spare funding I will probably begin to work on it (lift it a bit, toss on some 33's, and make it slightly more than decent for a little bit of mudding). I feel like this jeep meets my standards, let me know what you guys feel about it and your estimated price for it! (I feel like the guy might be wanting a bit much for it personally.. he is asking about 6900, what do you all think?) Thanks a lot guys!

(Images courtesy of craigslist poster)

JasonosaJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Adam013085

Plows can be hell on vehicles. Id check it over carefully.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
JasonosaJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam013085 View Post
Thanks for the response!
Yeah, the plow is something I have little interest in.. Honestly if I purchase the jeep I have no intent on keeping the plow.

Also, any loose opinions on the price/value of the jeep? Thanks (:
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam013085 View Post
I was questioning why it had new coils. This could be why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
N8dogg
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Check the transmission. I had a plow on one and it went shortly after I sold it. The wet snow in PA/NJ is a killer!
N8dogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
JasonosaJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8dogg View Post
Check the transmission. I had a plow on one and it went shortly after I sold it. The wet snow in PA/NJ is a killer!
Ha, totally xD
And I feel this Jeep may have been used for quite a bit of (small job) plowing. I know the guy that is selling it owns or works at a mechanic shop, and since it has such low mile-age, my best guess is its main purpose was to plow it out around there during the winters.

Will totally check out the tranny. Also, yeah that makes sense about the coils... I was a bit curious about that one myself. Didn't even put 2 and 2 together there.
Anyway, thanks guys. I think when I go take a look, I might be getting my one Uncle to come along too, and he knows quite a bit more than I do (guess some wisdom you can only pick up through experience, eh?), so that'll probably be cool and help make sure I get a decent deal if I decide to pick it up ;D
Unread 04-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #7
JasonosaJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

If anybody happened to be wondering, this one turned into a no-go. Just checked it out and the frame rot was pretty bad. Had some small holes in the frame. Those salted roads up in ny are a killer!

Last edited by JasonosaJ; 04-06-2013 at 09:06 AM..

Tags
jeep , tj , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.