Thoughts on 06 grand cherokee? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Thoughts on 06 grand cherokee?

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
kirkham96

Thoughts on 06 grand cherokee?

I've been looking at a 2006 grand cherokee laredo. Its the 65th anniversary edition. 76000 miles on it. New to jeeps. Thoughts and opinions? Was this a good year? Should I check for any specific problems? Any help would be appreciated.

kirkham96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
WKHemi57
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkham96 View Post
I've been looking at a 2006 grand cherokee laredo. Its the 65th anniversary edition. 76000 miles on it. New to jeeps. Thoughts and opinions? Was this a good year? Should I check for any specific problems? Any help would be appreciated.
Hey! I just bought a 2005 limited with the hemi. I love mine. I assume the one you are looking at has a 3.7, right? I work for Chrysler as a dyno tech and I can say that those engines are bulletproof under normal conditions as long as you aren't trying to tow all day everyday with it, something it wasn't meant to do. It will last 300k as long as you take care of it properly. Downfall is no power really and crappy gas mileage.

I just got rid of a 2011 Liberty with that same drivetrain in it and I was averaging about 17 or 18 miles per gallon and I think it has like 200 horsepower. With a Hemi I'm averaging about 15 miles per gallon or so and around 19 on long highway trips and I have over 300 horsepower. If you can find one in your price range you will be much happier with the Hemi. But either way you can't go wrong.

As for the rest of the car, since I've been looking at these for like 3 months now, there are a few things that are always wrong and they are cosmetic really. Steering wheel is worn and dirty on almost every one of them and if it has leather the seat bolster on the drivers side is always ripped and worn away. Look for electronic problems. My radio dims and gets brighter when you hit bumps hard or sometimes when you turn on the windshield wipers. The door handles always rip out for some reason. I've seen both front and rear door handles broken out, plastic and all. I mean on the inside.

Ummm.. That's all I can think of. Hope I helped and sorry if it was a little long winded. I just went through all this like you are about to.

Patrick
WKHemi57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.