"Sport" decal styles? Indicator of a difference? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > "Sport" decal styles? Indicator of a difference?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 03-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
ShinySideUp
2004 TJ Wrangler 

"Sport" decal styles? Indicator of a difference?

So I got my NEW (to me) 04 Sport TJ ... and I notice that the "Sport" decal on my TJ is pretty plain-looking Block-like lettering (I'm too lazy to snap a photo at the moment).

Most other Sports (in fact, every one I've seen), the decal is ... well, more sporty, almost script.

The VIN comes up as a Sport, and it has the cheap plastic running boards/steps (and a Dana 44!), but no tow hitch. The factory fog lights are switched on the turn-signal stem.

Should I be concerned I got a "Something else" that was aftermarket-labelled as a sport?

And how do I get the "Trail Rated" badge off?

Is there a "[B]Black Jeep [/B]Club?"

[URL="http://www.militaryjeepers.com"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Olive"]militaryjeepers[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] [SIZE="4"]club member #254[/SIZE]

Unread 03-17-2008, 02:34 PM   #2
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

If it has a d44 and a 4.0 it is a sport, I wouldnt be too worried about it. If you are really concerned about how the decal looks there are aftermarket ones available.

-Kyle
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
ShinySideUp
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just had that nagging feeling that the previous owner had bought an aftermarket sticker for his SE, and fooled me (and the non-jeep dealership).

Thanks for the comment

Is there a "[B]Black Jeep [/B]Club?"

[URL="http://www.militaryjeepers.com"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Olive"]militaryjeepers[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] [SIZE="4"]club member #254[/SIZE]

Unread 03-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Im not sure how you get the trail rated badges off, but if you do get them off and dont want them ill take them

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2008, 06:57 AM   #5
skyywelker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I thought they changed the Sport decals on the newer TJs (or at least the placement of them?).
skyywelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2008, 07:30 AM   #6
supraman1990
1980 CJ5 

The sticker changed to a plain block type sticker right below the trail rated badge in 04 or so.
On the back burner for college.
supraman1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #7
zac87
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylesXJ View Post
If it has a d44 and a 4.0 it is a sport, I wouldnt be too worried about it. If you are really concerned about how the decal looks there are aftermarket ones available.

-Kyle
Mine is a sport and has a d35 I removed the sport decal tho

If the VIN # shows that its a sport, it probably is Since you got the d44 I wouldn't worry about whether its a sport or not. I don't think they were very significant
'97 TJ, 4.0L 5 speed, locker in front, Skyjacker 4in suspension, BFG AT 33x12.5, black cragar soft 8's, Bushwacker flares, Quick dicos, hardtop/doors, Safari doors, 2002 wrangler seats, tube bumpers front and rear, Skyjacker steering stabilizer, Tuffy glove box, cheap foglights, new paint ;)

SOLD: '88 YJ, 4.2L 5 speed, 31 bogs, KC fogs, herculined inside, straight piped
zac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #8
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I took my trail rated badge off...Take a butter knife or sumthing like it and i put wrapped the end of it in some paper towels so it wouldnt scratch paint. Shove it behind the badge and pry outwards all the way around the badge until it comes off. There will be residue. take a razor blade and use that to take it off and wd 40 or gas helps loosen it up some. Then i took a towel put some gas or wd 40 on it and scrubbed really hard in the area that had the adhesive to get the remains off. Took about 30 mins of being careful.

I took my sport logo off too If it says sport..you most likely have a sport.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach

Last edited by 2006_Sport; 06-11-2009 at 04:20 PM..
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #9
Paul04TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Use a piece of dental floss and pull it behind the badge.
Red Jeep Club Member # 269
'04 Wrangler 'X'
Paul04TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #10
Capricorn
2002 WJ 

In 1997-2003 models, the "Sport" logo has the script style just like this:

In the 04-06 models the "Sport" logo was changed to a more italicized block script, and was placed just below the antenna mount, and the "Wrangler" script was moved to the bottom part under the "Jeep" logo.

4.7L Powertech V8 l Iron Rock Offroad 3" Suspension Lift l Bilstein 5125 Shocks l Bilstein 5100 Steering Stabilizer l 17x8 Unique Steel Wheels l LT255/75R17 BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM l Kevins Offroad Transfer Case Skid l Kevins Offroad Roof Rack Tire Carrier l Hella 500 Black Magic

http://ddoffroad.com
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #11
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well if it make you feel any better the only decals I have are the Rubicon on the hood.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.