Specific vehicle history - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Specific vehicle history

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 11-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
SHEEPGRINDER
1996 ZJ 

Specific vehicle history

Long time reader first time poster. Good morning. I am looking at buying another zj with 2 minor accidents on it, according to autocheck. Are there more specific checks that I can use besides autocheck and carfax to get damage reports. I am looking into what exactly was fixed or damaged in these accidents. Both checks seem really vague on what happened. I might just track down previous owners and ask them. Vehicle is being sold at dealership and their not much help.

SHEEPGRINDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

If you can get the receipt from the last owner from the body shop(s), then you would at least know what was done. BUT even that wont tell you if it was done right.

I have seen what looks minor to be more than major. As well as what you might think is bad, fixable.

Most get totaled so easy today. As long as the airbags do not go off most can be fixed but you add in that system repair and interior parts all seat belts, it can get into more than most used will be worth on top of body damage.

So it might be just a few fender benders and be a fine truck?
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
SHEEPGRINDER
1996 ZJ 

What I meant to say was minor incident, but I will probably track down owners anyway. thanks for the reply. Minor incidents are everything from door dings to fenderbenders and vandalism, or any insurance claims I think.
SHEEPGRINDER is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.