So, When You Guys Buy TJs, Do You Haggle? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > So, When You Guys Buy TJs, Do You Haggle?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 05-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #31
Benny2Times
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJfanfairhair View Post
I'm looking to get a 97-00 era TJ Sport but have been flabbergasted by the insane prices on used Jeeps in my area. I was wondering if its standard etiquette for the selling party to jack their price way up (in some cases 3 to 4 thousand over KBB and NADA values) then expect the perspective buyers to haggle their asking price down to a fair cost? I mean, are people really paying $9000 for a 10 year old stock Jeep with 100,000+ miles? I'm sort of curious as to what the rest of you are paying , or expect to pay for said jeep with 90 to 100k miles? Thanks for the input.
You should look out of area. I drove to Maryland to get mine, I paid 19k out the door for a 05 Rubicon with 11,000 miles. It was brand new.

Benny2Times is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #32
ace5ja
2005 TJ Wrangler 

05 TJ X...bought it in August of 07 with 6500 miles. 5 brand new BFG all terrains, MT Classic II wheels, and bushwacker flares for $18K. The dealer had it listed for $19,500, dealt w/ them for less than an hour, and had my jeep!
ace5ja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2008, 08:23 PM   #33
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Should always haggle with cars...just do your homework. With used vehicles especially, there's generally a lot of mark up/profit to be made by the dealer. But there's also a lot of lee way to get the price down. Research is your friend.
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #34
Wheels4

tried to buy an 07 JK with 8500 miles on it 5 months ago... they didn't want to come down. went back to the dealership today and tried again... they wanted to give me the same deal... i walked away again. this time, one manager gave me the price of 23500 and the final manager said 26900. my walking was justified, i think.
Wheels4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.