So, When You Guys Buy TJs, Do You Haggle? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > So, When You Guys Buy TJs, Do You Haggle?

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #31
Benny2Times
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJfanfairhair View Post
I'm looking to get a 97-00 era TJ Sport but have been flabbergasted by the insane prices on used Jeeps in my area. I was wondering if its standard etiquette for the selling party to jack their price way up (in some cases 3 to 4 thousand over KBB and NADA values) then expect the perspective buyers to haggle their asking price down to a fair cost? I mean, are people really paying $9000 for a 10 year old stock Jeep with 100,000+ miles? I'm sort of curious as to what the rest of you are paying , or expect to pay for said jeep with 90 to 100k miles? Thanks for the input.
You should look out of area. I drove to Maryland to get mine, I paid 19k out the door for a 05 Rubicon with 11,000 miles. It was brand new.

Benny2Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 08:56 AM   #32
ace5ja
2005 TJ Wrangler 

05 TJ X...bought it in August of 07 with 6500 miles. 5 brand new BFG all terrains, MT Classic II wheels, and bushwacker flares for $18K. The dealer had it listed for $19,500, dealt w/ them for less than an hour, and had my jeep!
ace5ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 07:23 PM   #33
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Should always haggle with cars...just do your homework. With used vehicles especially, there's generally a lot of mark up/profit to be made by the dealer. But there's also a lot of lee way to get the price down. Research is your friend.
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #34
Wheels4

tried to buy an 07 JK with 8500 miles on it 5 months ago... they didn't want to come down. went back to the dealership today and tried again... they wanted to give me the same deal... i walked away again. this time, one manager gave me the price of 23500 and the final manager said 26900. my walking was justified, i think.
Wheels4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.