Should I get a CJ8? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Should I get a CJ8?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
Tylerzap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Should I get a CJ8?

I found a CJ8 Scrambler for $1500 with no Front Clip, Engine, Trans, or Transfer case or title.

I could very easily get a title due to connections and as far as i know a CJ7 or 76 or later CJ5 Front clip will work.

i have a Small block chevy sitting around to put in it.

Now it does have a Half Cab Top, 1 Piece Rear Axle With Locker, AGR Steering Box and Warn Front Bumper.

It does look to have a pretty straight body

I think i could get for $700 or $800. Maybe less.

Should i go for it??? I LOVE SCRAMBLERS!!! so i dont care how big of a project it will be, i love scramblers

Tylerzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 06:09 AM   #2
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

hell yes, even if you have to pay 1500, get it
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 06:17 AM   #3
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Please tell me how there is even a question in your mind. If you have the cash then what are you waiting for? Go pick up your Jeep!

Build thread it!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
Tylerzap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well, if i can get the cash together before somebody else gets it i will. Right now im trying to sell our minivan for $700 (runs and drives) and if it sells before the scramblers gone, IT WILL BE MINE!!! At the least i can put a front clip on it and paint it and get $3000 for it without an engine or trans. Or just put a SBC 350 in it and fix it and drive

Thanks for the feedback
Tylerzap is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.