Should I do this? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Should I do this?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 12-20-2007, 01:21 AM   #1
okie-jeep

Should I do this?

I have found a 05 rubicon unlimited with 27K miles on it. a bunch of mods:
not sure of the height on the fabtech lift, but it has 37x12.5s on it. warn bumpers, tire carrier, warn 9.5ti winch. light bar with 5 lights. delta headlights. that is all i can tell from the outside. it also has a banks sticker, so i assume a chip or programmer. stick shift. havent had the time to stop and really look it over and deal with the salesman.

asking around 21K for it. a dealership has it. i want to trade my 05 toyota matrix for it.

are they asking too much to start with? if so, what should i get them down to, before we start signing paperwork.

here are a couple of the dealers pics:

Last edited by okie-jeep; 12-20-2007 at 01:31 AM.. Reason: added pics
okie-jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
fastRob

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Are you ready for the gas mileage slap down? say 10-14 mpg?
What does the price guide say?
Why not sell the Matrix outright?
A stripped JK can be had for much less in my neighborhood, a very sweet machine.
If you look through this forum, many suggest that bad mods can cause major headaches, I agree.
If bitten by the Jeep bug nothing will save you, I am in the same boat.
Good luck,
R
fastRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 09:52 AM   #3
dogbluedrummer
Trust me....

2001 TJ Wrangler 

That would be in my garage by now. No, correction, i would be driving it somewhere in the woods.

After market bumper and Superwinch with 37" tires. Good quality upgrades. Point being he/she didn't skimp on the upgrades. Also, it's hard to do a lift wrong that will fit 37" tires. Probably a long-arm and SYE, but i am just guessing.

Test drive it. See if it is slow on acceleration or somewhat peppy. A regear will run $1,200. Other than that, looks like all the mods are done.

PS. NEVER PAY STICKER! EVERYTHING IS NEGOTIABLE.
Everything I need to fix on the heep: ABS indicator, speed 4 on the blower fan, torn softop over driver's head, both seat release/tilt cables, missing center cap on spare, broken under hood light, wire up the CB, wiring problem with the reverse lights, broken bottle jack, leaky front and rear pinion seals, loose trackbar relocation bracket, torn drivers seat on the side, broken center console lock, lost nuts for door hinges, squeaking centering ball, loose parking brake cable, oil change and rotate the tires.
My build threadhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/free-wife-good-home-pics-included-528892/
dogbluedrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2007, 04:08 PM   #4
okie-jeep

update

well i got a chance to go to the dealership today. they have a sheet that the original owner left with all the mods performed. here it is:

fabtech 8" crawler lift
performance accessories 1" body lift
volant cold air dam intake
poweraid throttlebody spacer
jet performance chip stage 2
banks torque tube header
custom exhaust with flowmaster 40
flex a lite electric fan
yukon gear and axle 4.88 ring and pinion f/r
tom woods custom cv rear drive shaft
centerforce dual friction clutch
arb bull bumper with winch mount
warn 9.5ti winch
warn rock crawler rear bumper with swing away carrier
delta xenon headlights
6 piaa 520 offroad lights
mopar light rack
5 maxxis creepy crawlers 37x12.5x15
5 mickey thompson classic II wheels 15x10
optima red top battery
mp3/dvd player

and they are asking 25,900. says it is valued at over 50K.

now if i can just get financed through them.
Unread 12-21-2007, 05:00 PM   #5
purplewindworm
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice looking jeep. As you probably already know, check the value of the jeep and you trade-in. nada.com and kbb.com are a couple good sources. And remeber right here at christmas time it is definately a buyers market.
purplewindworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #6
okie-jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastRob
Are you ready for the gas mileage slap down? say 10-14 mpg?
What does the price guide say?
Why not sell the Matrix outright?
A stripped JK can be had for much less in my neighborhood, a very sweet machine.
If you look through this forum, many suggest that bad mods can cause major headaches, I agree.
If bitten by the Jeep bug nothing will save you, I am in the same boat.
Good luck,
R
gas mileage = this will probably just be a trail jeep; the matrix is just sitting in the driveway collecting dust. i have a company vehicle with free gas and the wife just got a 4wd durango. i will use the durango to tow the jeep. i would rather have the jeep sitting in the driveway rather than the matrix. matrix is good on mileage, but thats about it. but when you have a company vehicle, mileage doesnt matter.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.