Should I buy this 97 v8 sport? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Should I buy this 97 v8 sport?

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #1
JeepinJake95
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Should I buy this 97 v8 sport?

My grumpy old dads trying to convince me this is a bad idea.
But I want to sell my 05 X Wrangler pocket about half the cash and use the other half for this;
http://enid.craigslist.org/cto/3017748295.html
My jeep is pretty much stock, I got a nice front bumper for it and some off road lights but that's it. Are there any problems this thing probably has with the engine/tranny, or any red flags? Thanks in advance!

JeepinJake95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
wrngleryj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Honestly I think the 05 sport sounds better. I mean that's a good lookin rig and the v8 is nice, but it's untelling what it has been through.. Also that price seems a little low IMO.. Is your jeep a daily driver? If so I can only imagine the amount of gas it would take to keep this thing on the road.. And with soaring gas prices, mpg's have quickly became a decidin factor in vehicles. In my experience if you get a vehicle that isn't a lemon and has proven to be highly reliable, I'd stick with it. Again this is all just my OPINION..
wrngleryj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1997 , 2005 , tj , v8

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.