Rubicon vs Sport S, Dollar for Dollar. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Rubicon vs Sport S, Dollar for Dollar.

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 11-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
fastfreddie

Rubicon vs Sport S, Dollar for Dollar.

It's taken some time to figure things out considering the various OEM and aftermarket options to outfit a Wrangler as I saw fit.
I'm glad to say I have done so to my satisfaction and the winner is...

Wait for it...
I'm sure this question may have been presented and answered before but that answer wouldn't have meant anything to me without putting my list into the equation. So...

If anyone is interested in my list and how I drew my conclusion, this thread might have a life.

Otherwise, without further ado...

The Sport S turns out to be so close to the Rubicon when outfitted(better, IMHO), one wonders why anyone would buy a Rubicon as the starting platform for a build.

The strength or weakness of the front axle not withstanding, I've determined for my own devices, it takes $500 more to bring a Rubicon up to the Sport S level in terms of requirements I'm interested in filling. Whether that is true for most others, I can't say. The consensus seems to indicate that building a Sport is better than buying a Rubi, but I had to see for myself.

It was that close. What threw it the Sport's way was the addition of options in the Rubicon package for which I have no use; the Rubi's TC and subwoofer being the prime examples.

Ultimately, the bottom line determining which is better is an individual's image. I was attempting to equal or surpass the Rubi's abilities without consideration of going further, like 37s and high lift pkgs.

fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.