rough country rs9500 VS xrc 10,000 WINCH - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > rough country rs9500 VS xrc 10,000 WINCH

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
gfortier
2002 TJ Wrangler 

rough country rs9500 VS xrc 10,000 WINCH

Wich one to choose???

Smittybilt XRC 10,000 lb Winch System $399

Rated Line Pull 10,000lbs Single Line
Cable 94' length, 23/64" Diameter
Fairlead 4-Way Roller
Motor 5.5HP, 12V Seies Wound
Control Remote Switch, 12' lead
Gear Train 3 Stage Planetary
Gear Ratio 218:1
Clutch Sliding ring gear
Braking Automatic in the drum
Drum Size Diameter 2.5"
Length 8.8"
Remote Control Included
Recommended Battery 650CCA Minimum for Winching
Battery Lead 25mm2, 72"
Finish Black
Weight 84lbs.
Overall Dimension (L x W x H) 21.15" x 6.3" x 8.6"
Mounting Bolt Pattern 10.0 x 4.50

OR.....

Rough Country rs9500s $399
Rated Line Pull 9500 lbs. (4300 kgs)
Gear Train 3 Stage Planetary
Gear Reduction Ratio 265:1
Motor Series Wound 5.5hp/4.0kw
Cable 85' Synthetic Rope
Clutch Sliding Ring Gear
Braking Action Automatic In-The-Drum
Drum Size: Diameter / Length 2.5" / 8.8"
Weight 94 lbs
Bolt Pattern 4 Bolt Pattern, 4.5" x 10"
Overall dimension (Length / Width / Height) 21.3" x 6.3" x 8.6"

gfortier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
rdtj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i vote RC but its your money and your decision they both seem like decent winches. i have a buddy who has the smittybuilt and loves it, i havent heard to much about the rough country but i plan on getting one soon, oh yea and just so you know im sure somebody will soon get one here and say " just buy a warn"
rdtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
bryweb
1999 WJ 

I was going to get the Smittybuilt XRC8000, but with the recent release of the Rough Country RC9500 with Synthetic Rope and Wireless controller for $100 more I am torn - I think I am going to go with the Rough Country myself.

In my opinion;

Smittybuilt XRC has been used by many and has received many excellent reviews. vs.

Rough Country which is new and not much has been said about it, but comes with Synthetic Rope and a Wireless Controller.

So do you want Security of knowing its been out for a while? or Extras?

And yes just a few days ago was a "Gotta buy a Warn" crap fest thread here when someone just mentioned that Rough Country came out with a Winch. Look "Warn Lovers", I appreciate your loyalty to Warn, and I really do understand that Warn is probably the best Winch, and understand anything less and I will probably die in the outback because I saved some money buying my cheap winch, but I own an Old Jeep because I could not afford a 2011 Rubicon, and I bought cheap lockers because ARB were out of my price range, and I am running stock axles because I could not buy some Pro Rock 60's, so I am already SCREWED and I know I should just stay home in shame for not owning such wonderful products..... But guess what .... I WON'T ..... so you will see me on the trail with my CHEAP WINCH and ALL HAVING A GOOD TIME UNTIL IT BREAKS !!!!!!

Bryan

Last edited by bryweb; 02-03-2011 at 05:27 PM..
bryweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
gfortier
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryweb View Post
I was going to get the Smittybuilt XRC8000, but with the recent release of the Rough Country RC9500 with Synthetic Rope and Wireless controller for $100 more I am torn - I think I am going to go with the Rough Country myself.

In my opinion;

Smittybuilt XRC has been used by many and has received many excellent reviews. vs.

Rough Country which is new and not much has been said about it, but comes with Synthetic Rope and a Wireless Controller.

So do you want Security of knowing its been out for a while? or Extras?

And yes just a few days ago was a "Gotta buy a Warn" crap fest thread here when someone just mentioned that Rough Country came out with a Winch. Look "Warn Lovers", I appreciate your loyalty to Warn, and I really do understand that Warn is probably the best Winch, and understand anything less and I will probably die in the outback because I saved some money buying my cheap winch, but I own an Old Jeep because I could not afford a 2011 Rubicon, and I bought cheap lockers because ARB were out of my price range, and I am running stock axles because I could not buy some Pro Rock 60's, so I am already SCREWED and I know I should just stay home in shame for not owning such wonderful products..... But guess what .... I WON'T ..... so you will see me on the trail with my CHEAP WINCH and ALL HAVING A GOOD TIME UNTIL IT BREAKS !!!!!!

Bryan

Thanks Bryan, pretty logical answere and I think your absolutely right... what sucks is that i just ordered a lift kit from rough country last week.. now a winch.... more shipping and delivery charges... lol...
so screw brand power and go with the extra's... hmmmmm! sounds good.
Unread 02-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
gfortier
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well Thanks to Bryan's answere I just purchased the rs9500s rough country winch... $399 +tax +85$ shipping to Canada..... + whatever ups is going to charge me at the door... I'l let you guys now how it all goes down
Unread 02-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
NewYJOwner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Just installed my Rough Country RS9500 winch and Rough Country winch plate. Had issues installing it but the issue was with my bumper!!! So far I love it, will be posting a review when I can actually go out and put it to good use.

I picked the Rough Country winch because they have been in the lift business for years and have heard good things about them. So since I'm not one of those, It has to be a Warn Winch because everything else is junk kind of people, I thought it deserved a fair shake and the price was good.
NewYJOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
durable1
2012 JK Wrangler 

I appreciate your loyalty to Warn, and I really do understand that Warn is probably the best Winch, and understand anything less and I will probably die in the outback because I saved some money buying my cheap winch, but I own an Old Jeep because I could not afford a 2011 Rubicon, and I bought cheap lockers because ARB were out of my price range, and I am running stock axles because I could not buy some Pro Rock 60's, so I am already SCREWED and I know I should just stay home in shame for not owning such wonderful products..... But guess what .... I WON'T ..... so you will see me on the trail with my CHEAP WINCH and ALL HAVING A GOOD TIME UNTIL IT BREAKS !!!!!!

Bryan[/QUOTE]

You're funny. Love the quote. Have fun!
durable1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.