Researching buying a tj or jk - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Researching buying a tj or jk

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #16
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

you can take the half doors or full off on any wrangler. The JKU will be easier to haul your child around with you. Slightly safer as well. I have a yj and a new JKU. The JKU is really comfortable. I really like LJs but if I had a small child Id want the 4 doors.

90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
yjcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #17
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Real Jeeps have two doors, leaf springs, rag tops and half doors. All the rest is for Yuppies.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #18
lanesliberty

I talked to a guy who owns a tj and he has a lil boy bout my sons age. He said the passenger seat slides forward and up to get in the back. I didn't know they did that. So that may be an option if all wranglers do that.
lanesliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #19
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDNewman View Post
Real Jeeps have two doors, leaf springs, rag tops and half doors. All the rest is for Yuppies.
. Real Jeeps have no power steering and an inline four with a single barrel carb. Get over it. I've owned a Willys Wagon, YJ, TJ, and a JK. JK is hands down the best Jeep ever made and I'm quite far from a yuppie.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #20
spinlock

Having owned both, it sounds like you would be happier with a JK. It's definitely a better DD and more practical vehicle and handle just about any dirt road stock. The TJ is more of a toy and lot of fun particularly off road but not as practical on the road.
spinlock is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.