Real prices for 1999-2001 Jeep Wranglers Sport - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Real prices for 1999-2001 Jeep Wranglers Sport

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 12-06-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
ocotillowellsTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Real prices for 1999-2001 Jeep Wranglers Sport

I'm looking for a 1999-2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I-6 , 5-speed manual,AC, soft top. I wondering what some real world prices are? From what I see they are listed between $9000-8000. I was thinking about offering less than listed thinking between $500-1000 less than asking?

ocotillowellsTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
cj7guy
2007 JK Wrangler 

I was thinking of responding to this post?

Methinks if you've seen REAL wranglers for sale in a given price range, that MIGHT be a good indicator of "real world" prices.

On a lighter note,

I read an article one time that said to always offer $1500 MORE than the asking price.

YMMV.
Unread 12-07-2008, 02:04 AM   #3
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You should always offer less than listed, but go to Kelly Blue Book and price one you that should give you and idea of what a good price is.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2008, 11:58 PM   #4
Ron R
2001 TJ Wrangler 

most in my area are 7500-10000 depending on year and milage.
Mine was 8000.00 befor the lift,gears,lockers,tires,wheels.
Ron R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #5
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocotillowellsTJ View Post
I'm looking for a 1999-2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I-6 , 5-speed manual,AC, soft top. I wondering what some real world prices are? From what I see they are listed between $9000-8000. I was thinking about offering less than listed thinking between $500-1000 less than asking?
I have had my TJ a little over a year now. I shopped for 6 months before finding my `02, sport, 5spd, AC, 114,000 miles in Charlotte, (I went from Dallas to Charlotte to get mine), good condition, stock, $9500. Prices vary greatly by geographic area.

To get the best idea, shop Craigs list, cars.com, autotrader.com, local papers, local car lots, all for your area. Go test drive and look at a bunch.

It is also hard to seperate options and upgrades in the pricing.

Good luck.
Unread 12-11-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
harleyyelrah
2000 TJ Wrangler 

just bought a 2000 6/5sp air 116k needing a few cosmetics
for $5000.
times are hard on the east coast right now.
make a crazy offer and you never know
harleyyelrah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.