Quick Rubicon Question - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Quick Rubicon Question

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #31
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasjeepguy View Post
anytime you're in Vegas...a bunch of us are always looking for an excuse to go wheelin'
Tempting. I'm sure I could provide some comic relief. Me being the newb, in a completely stock Jeep, trying to hang with some seasoned rock-crawlers out into the desert.

AZJeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2008, 02:48 PM   #32
pipelineaudio
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be joining you soon, I'm still looking for one right now. I'm in Wickenburg so I figure we meet halfway and go blasting around at Burro Creek or Baghdad
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2008, 03:02 PM   #33
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Piplineaudio, that's great! I went right through Wickenburg when I picked up my Jeep in Queen Creek. Great little town. I'd like to check out Signal Rd which is in that area. It goes through a couple of defunct mining towns, and out towards Lake Alamo. I'd love to have some company for that. Burro Creek and Bagdad sound great as well.

I'm hope you're using Craigslist for Phoenix. Use the sort, and search for Jeep or Rubicon (if that's what you want), and check the "by owner only" check box. A private sale is MUCH better than buying from a dealer. Aside from the fact you'll most likely be getting a better price, there's no sales tax in AZ for private sales. That's huge!

Let us know how you make out!
Unread 05-12-2008, 03:08 PM   #34
pipelineaudio
1999 TJ Wrangler 

If you are into herps at all, we go up constellation road here and look for snakes and lizards in the old ghost towns like Sayersville, Constellation, Black Rock, and Monte Christo...this is the primary reason I want a jeep, Im so limited in my toyota corolla.

I have been looking thru craigslist, but my credit sucks and I dont have much cash so Ill probably end up having to get a POS from a dealer
Unread 05-12-2008, 03:20 PM   #35
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
If you are into herps at all, we go up constellation road here and look for snakes and lizards in the old ghost towns like Sayersville, Constellation, Black Rock, and Monte Christo...this is the primary reason I want a jeep, Im so limited in my toyota corolla.

I have been looking thru craigslist, but my credit sucks and I dont have much cash so Ill probably end up having to get a POS from a dealer
Dude, I am there! I love herps and have been looking for them with limited success in my area. My hobby is nature and wildlife photography, and I specifically got the Jeep to get out to places like that. Please let me know the next time you guys are going out and I will be there.

Keep watching Craigslist. There was a cherry TJ Sport out in Chino Valley back a few weeks ago that a lady was selling. 30K miles I think, asking $11K.

Cheers,
-joel
Unread 05-12-2008, 03:28 PM   #36
pipelineaudio
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome! This thread shows where I go and lots of pics.

http://azherps.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12356

I can be pm'd on there to my email for contact info, otherwise I think this one works as well
Unread 05-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #37
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Awesome! This thread shows where I go and lots of pics.

http://azherps.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12356

I can be pm'd on there to my email for contact info, otherwise I think this one works as well
Wow, great stuff. That Tarantula Hawk shot of yours is fantastic.

Do you see much in the way of mammals when you're out in the places? Like coyotes, mountain lions, javallina, antelope? What about birds? Hawk, eagles?

I'll send you a PM and we'll exchange email addresses.
Unread 05-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #38
pipelineaudio
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I see vultures, some sort of hawk, there's a big blue heron that I usually see at the Hassayampa river, some sort of plubber birds.

For mamals, I see raccooon and javelina tracks all the time but rarely see the actual animal, I see bats at the ghost towns - if you stand real still and shine a flashlight theyll fly right up to you to get the moths your light attracts. I see deer all the time at blue tank wash, and foxes near constellation.

I heard the ATOS mine has a family of cougar at it, but Ive never even seen the paw prints.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.