Quick Rubicon Question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Quick Rubicon Question

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 04-20-2008, 10:29 PM   #16
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Update -- It's all Gordon's fault...

So, I ended up buying a Rubicon after all. It's a 2005 19K miles, bone stock. Original owner is a housewife who only drove it to work. Sounds cliche', but it's true. Tires are still like new, as is everything else. The top has never even been down.

They need to pay off the lien yet, so I can't pick it up for a few days. Here's a crappy picture off the Craigslist ad.

I'm pretty excited about it needless to say.

Thanks for all the great comments, folks.

AZJeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2008, 10:40 PM   #17
Dragon158
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJeepNewbie View Post
Click free...

I wanted silver REAL bad. I just couldn't pass up the deal on my black one. Post more pictures when you get some. It sounds like the same situation I bought mine under... A guy from Jersey who never owned a jeep had a mid life thing and decided to get one. He had to go top of the line so he bought Rubicon, with out knowing what really made it top of the line... After he owned for a summer he realized he wanted a convertible Jag. I just got lucky that I paid him more then the dealer would take on the trade. We both made out I think.
Dragon158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2008, 11:01 PM   #18
Flash2004

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So, I ended up buying a Rubicon after all. It's a 2005 19K miles, bone stock. Original owner is a housewife who only drove it to work. Sounds cliche', but it's true. Tires are still like new, as is everything else. The top has never even been down.

They need to pay off the lien yet, so I can't pick it up for a few days. Here's a crappy picture off the Craigslist ad.

I'm pretty excited about it needless to say.

Thanks for all the great comments, folks.
it might be all my fault, but I accept the blame with pride. I'm picking you will never regret your decision and if you do, I'll make good. You can ship it out here to me in New Zealand. This model was never released out here but every Jeep enthusiast knows it and would severely lust after it and be as envious as you could imagine. Wheel that sucker! cheers, Gordon.

Gordon Down Under
MT Egmont 4WD club http://www.egmont4wd.co.nz/
1999 TJ Sahara with about everything you can buy or make stuck to it.
check this out, this is my club activity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my9d_rhVDEY
My company http://www.crusherdealer.com
Flash2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2008, 11:17 PM   #19
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, Guys!

Dragon, yeah, I'm happy about the color. It gets real hot out here, and light colors are definitely the call.

BTW, I found this baby in Phoenix on Craigslist. If you ever want to buy a used Jeep, Phoenix is the place to do it. There are tons of them for sale out there, and it's a buyers market.

Now I just have to figure out how to get it home. It's 230 miles, clear across Phoenix (traffic), and then out in the middle of nowhere. I'm thinking of renting a car-carrier trailer from U-Haul and towing it behind my Chevy Suburban 1500.

I'll be starting a build thread in the TJ forum to get some advice on the build-out.

Thanks again!
Unread 05-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #20
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got it!

So the seller finally wrestled the title from Chrysler Finance, I got a flight across Arizona to pick it up and drove it 240 miles home. I'm in love.

20K miles, and showroom condition. Never been off road, always garaged, and only driven by a housewife to work. Original rubber, still looks like new.

Check it out. I hope these pictures show up, because I'm still a newb. If not, somebody click-free them for me, please.

Yeah, I know. First thing, lose the jugs!
Unread 05-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #21
Flash2004

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Its a beautiful example alright, ow what are the jugs?

Gordon Down Under
MT Egmont 4WD club http://www.egmont4wd.co.nz/
1999 TJ Sahara with about everything you can buy or make stuck to it.
check this out, this is my club activity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my9d_rhVDEY
My company http://www.crusherdealer.com
Flash2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #22
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, Gordon. And it was thanks to sage advice from folks like you that convinced me to go with the Rubi after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash2004 View Post
ow what are the jugs?
I guess they're those black plastic milk jugs at the end of the bumper, that make you look like a shopping mall queen.
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #23
Dragon158
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I can't tell, is it silver or white? Looks nice, you should have def. got the feel of high it rides on the ride home. I drove mine like 100 miles home when I bought it.
I lost my milk jugs and steps, I sold the steps on ebay recently. I got around 80 for them and the milk jugs. I'm planning on step/rockers in the future and I always hit my shins on the steps anyway.
Dragon158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #24
XWind
2007 JK Wrangler 

Nice looking Jeep - perfect car for Arizona. I spent about 3 yrs out there and it is the perfect place to go topless 10 months a year.

...BTW Can't go wrong with silver as the color...
XWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 11:08 PM   #25
Cactus688

Nice TJ. I saw this one on Craigslist too and thought it was a great find. Best of luck with it!
Cactus688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 11:54 AM   #26
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWind View Post
Nice looking Jeep - perfect car for Arizona. I spent about 3 yrs out there and it is the perfect place to go topless 10 months a year.

...BTW Can't go wrong with silver as the color...
Thanks.

Kingman is at 3500' elevation, so it's more like 6 months. Still, I'll take it.
Unread 05-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #27
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus688 View Post
Nice TJ. I saw this one on Craigslist too and thought it was a great find. Best of luck with it!
Thanks! You saw it too, huh? That's a riot. Phoenix is absolutely the best place to buy a Jeep. There are probably more mall crawlers there than anywhere else in the country. I drove down there on my motorcycle and spent a good portion of a weekend looking at Jeeps from Craigslist. Even Vegas can't touch the Jeep market in Phoenix.
Unread 05-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #28
default_user
It's a Roobicon

nice Rubicon...good move losing the jugs and steps. I had a similar experience looking for a Rubicon here in Vegas last year. I still get that "feeling" when I see my Rubicon a year later.
default_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #29
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasjeepguy View Post
nice Rubicon...good move losing the jugs and steps. I had a similar experience looking for a Rubicon here in Vegas last year. I still get that "feeling" when I see my Rubicon a year later.
Hey neighbor, I checked out your Rubi pictures, you have a really nice rig there.
Unread 05-09-2008, 10:41 PM   #30
default_user
It's a Roobicon

Quote:
Hey neighbor
anytime you're in Vegas...a bunch of us are always looking for an excuse to go wheelin'
default_user is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.