Pricing Question about what a dealer told me. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Pricing Question about what a dealer told me.

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 12-14-2007, 10:21 AM   #1
RockLAX

Pricing Question about what a dealer told me.

I'm still trying to work a deal on a new JK. I had a dealer email me today and tell me that...

"As for the pricing on a new Jeep Wrangler X, I am pretty sure we would be able to get you a discount off of sticker price. As for the amount of the discount I will work on that today. I can normally get you the same pricing as someone who works as a supplier for Jeep."

Anyone decipher what that means in layperson terms?

Thanks.

btw-This is a primarily Ford dealership who is in a family of dealerships, one of the other with the same name sells Jeep. This other dealer is who the actual order would go through. The place I am talking to is pretty much acting as a middle man.

Last edited by RockLAX; 12-14-2007 at 10:43 AM..
RockLAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
xplosivo1
2011 JK Wrangler 

Sounds too good to be true. Basically what I am understanding is he is going to get you a Jeep at cost, or at employee cost. This would make him no money, and more than likely hes not just a nice guy. The amount off of the sticker price is probably the amount the dealership is willing to go down before he is no longer making money.

Good luck.

X

"I can never again see a UNITED STATES MARINE without experiencing a feeling of reverence." -GEN. JOHNSON, US.ARMY
xplosivo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
peenkfloeed
2008 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like he's going to try and say your getting a "GREAT" deal when all he is really doing is knocking like a grand off MSRP. Your ordering the Jeep right? I've heard of many people on these forums getting 1% under Invoice on Rubi models, but I don't know if this applies for X and Sahara as well or not. Go to www.jeepwarehouse.com and you can put together your whole jeep and you can see what MSRP price is and what invoice price is. It was a great help to me when I was getting my Jeep.
peenkfloeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2007, 12:18 PM   #4
RockLAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplosivo1
Sounds too good to be true. Basically what I am understanding is he is going to get you a Jeep at cost, or at employee cost. This would make him no money, and more than likely hes not just a nice guy. The amount off of the sticker price is probably the amount the dealership is willing to go down before he is no longer making money.

Good luck.

X

Well my gf of 3 years, her parents are his neighbor. Her dad and him are old high school and current drinking buddies. When my girl's dad mentioned in passing that I wanted to get a new car, this guy told him to tell me to come his way and he would get something worked out. If it is "too good to be true" I can alway b!tch to the gf's dad and he can lay some smack down. The guy is 6'9", who isn't afraid of tall guys.
RockLAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2007, 02:01 PM   #5
dmerc

Supplier discount is 1% under invoice. Make sure you SEE the invoice, and look for the PP price (preferred pricing)

And, the dealer will still make money thru' the holdback, and the $400+ bullsh!t charge that covers advertising costs and crap. It was on my invoice, but I'd bet the dealer added it on. Shouldn't the 600+ transport charge be plenty...I only live an hour from the friggin' plant!!
dmerc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2007, 06:49 PM   #6
fastredjeep
1986 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like its saying they can get you cost+some % for their own pockets.
fastredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.