Pretty set on the 10th Anniversary Rubicon but need some help! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Pretty set on the 10th Anniversary Rubicon but need some help!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJeep Tweaks at JeepHutSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 01-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #16
Doctorsti

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady7 View Post
hey guys - I didn't come across the 10A until after I ordered my '13 JKUR -- which is being built this week. I'm a little nervous about buyer's remorse, although waiting until March / April is not really an option as i've sold both of my cars.

You still can't price and option one of these on jeep.com. I'd be interested to know exactly how much more I'd be into it if I were to option the 10A the same as my JKUR. Any links to where you can find options and pricing for the 10A?
This thread has all you could want to know.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/201...ad-201075.html

Mine was about 3,300 more then a rubicon. I had nearly every option besides radio upgrade, tow package and smokers package and I got a final price of 41,660.

Doctorsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #17
grady7
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
This thread has all you could want to know.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/201...ad-201075.html

Mine was about 3,300 more then a rubicon. I had nearly every option besides radio upgrade, tow package and smokers package and I got a final price of 41,660.

Is that MSRP for your 10A? My MSRP was just over 41K for the '13 JKUR with basically all of the options (no tow, smokers or painted top/fenders)

the 730N was like $1800, so that would put the 10A within 2 grand of a comparable rubi.

Maybe I'm missing something. I'll look at the link you sent to get more details.

Thx.
grady7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #18
matt87951

Quote:
Is that MSRP for your 10A? My MSRP was just over 41K for the '13 JKUR with basically all of the options (no tow, smokers or painted top/fenders)

the 730N was like $1800, so that would put the 10A within 2 grand of a comparable rubi.

Maybe I'm missing something. I'll look at the link you sent to get more details.

Thx.
My guess is that's 1% below invoice, but could be wrong.

Mine has every option except for the automatic transmission and the smokers group and is $42k at 1% below invoice pricing. It's about $2800 more than what a Rubicon would be with the exact same options.

-Matt
matt87951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 05:21 AM   #19
grady7
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt87951 View Post
My guess is that's 1% below invoice, but could be wrong.

Mine has every option except for the automatic transmission and the smokers group and is $42k at 1% below invoice pricing. It's about $2800 more than what a Rubicon would be with the exact same options.

-Matt

got it. that makes sense, Matt.

Impressed you guys are getting 1% below for a limited model.

Given the timing - and at least a few extra grand - I'm sold that I made the right choice on my rig. Here's hoping she will arrive next week....
Unread 01-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #20
matt87951

Quote:
got it. that makes sense, Matt.

Impressed you guys are getting 1% below for a limited model.

Given the timing - and at least a few extra grand - I'm sold that I made the right choice on my rig. Here's hoping she will arrive next week....
This is the first vehicle I've ever ordered, so I am really new to this thing, however what I've read is that pretty much the only time you won't be able to use the supplier discount (1% below invoice) is when it's an SRT model or something like that.

I'm happy with my choice, can't wait for it to come in, but the wait is going to be painful for sure. I really doubt I'll have it before middle to late April.

-Matt
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #21
grady7
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
This is the first vehicle I've ever ordered, so I am really new to this thing, however what I've read is that pretty much the only time you won't be able to use the supplier discount (1% below invoice) is when it's an SRT model or something like that.

I'm happy with my choice, can't wait for it to come in, but the wait is going to be painful for sure. I really doubt I'll have it before middle to late April.

-Matt

we need an SRT wrangler with a 6.4 liter hemi...

Best luck with the new truck, Matt. The wait will only make the arrival more satisfying.

thanks for the thoughts.
-Grady
Unread 01-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #22
tcarr10653
2011 JK Wrangler 

Ordered the 10the Anniversary Edition Rubicon on 17 January

Started off with a 77 CJ5. Loved it but was rusted out. Too expensive to fix. This was back in the early 80s. Had a 2009 Wranler x unlimited. Switched to a 2011 Rubicon 2 years ago. Just placed an order for a 10th Anniversary Edition Rubicon, Anvil. One major issue though. ALL the info Ive read on the 10th Anniversary Rubicon stated a winch was available but wasnt able to order one with it. Asked the sales rep to find out why. Havnt heard back from him yet.
tcarr10653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #23
matt87951

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcarr10653
Started off with a 77 CJ5. Loved it but was rusted out. Too expensive to fix. This was back in the early 80s. Had a 2009 Wranler x unlimited. Switched to a 2011 Rubicon 2 years ago. Just placed an order for a 10th Anniversary Edition Rubicon, Anvil. One major issue though. ALL the info Ive read on the 10th Anniversary Rubicon stated a winch was available but wasnt able to order one with it. Asked the sales rep to find out why. Havnt heard back from him yet.
Getting a winch from factory would be awesome. My understanding is that the bumper is "winch-ready", but one does not come with the package. I would definitely not argue if they threw on on there for me though! Let me know what you find out.

Matt
Unread 01-20-2013, 03:38 AM   #24
easyinny

Rubicon 10 years

I just orderd mine last week. I was planning on getting a 2013 rubicon anyway in the spring. But when I compared pricing to the 10th anivisary it was a no brainer. Got the anvil color, black seats, hard top. Also 730 radio with remote start. Love the hood and wheels.
easyinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #25
matt87951

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyinny View Post
I just orderd mine last week. I was planning on getting a 2013 rubicon anyway in the spring. But when I compared pricing to the 10th anivisary it was a no brainer. Got the anvil color, black seats, hard top. Also 730 radio with remote start. Love the hood and wheels.
That's what I thought. The price is too comparable, especially if you were planning for a fully loaded Rubicon anyways like I was getting. Like you, the hood, bumper and wheels pretty much made the decision for me. I really don't think I'll change anything on it for a long time if at all, so I think it was worth it for me. I also went with black seats, as I think black with red stitching in leather seats is sexy, and the seats alone were the main reason I was trying to find a leftover Altitude Edition, before making the decision to order one. I was okay with getting red leather seats until I found out I could get the black w/ red stitching, it was just a bonus for me when ordering. I'm in no real rush for mine either, I don't mind the wait and honestly ordering a Rubicon would have taken at least 4-6 weeks anyways, so whats another month or two. It'll be well worth the wait once I go to pick it up.

-Matt

Last edited by matt87951; 01-20-2013 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: Spelling errors
Unread 01-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #26
Doctorsti

Quote:
That's what I thought. The price is too comparable, especially if you were planning for a fully loaded Rubicon anyways like I was getting. Like you, the hood, bumper and wheels pretty much made the decision for me. I really don't think I'll change anything on it for a long time if at all, so I think it was worth it for me. I also went with black seats, as I think black with red stitching in leather seats is sexy, and the seats alone were the main reason I was trying to find a leftover Altitude Edition, before making the decision to order one. I was okay with getting red leather seats until I found out I could get the black w/ red stitching, it was just a bonus for me when ordering. I'm in no real rush for mine either, I don't mind the wait and honestly ordering a Rubicon would have taken at least 4-6 weeks anyways, so whats another month or two. It'll be well worth the wait once I go to pick it up.

-Matt
All the information I have says the black leather will have black stitching, not red. I thought it was going to be red too as that would be cool but it looks like it's just going to be the standard black seats with black stitching and black stitched in Rubicon 10th Anniversary writing.
Unread 01-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #27
matt87951

Quote:
All the information I have says the black leather will have black stitching, not red. I thought it was going to be red too as that would be cool but it looks like it's just going to be the standard black seats with black stitching and black stitched in Rubicon 10th Anniversary writing.
The dealer said specifically it'd have red stitching and the red anniversary edition stitching on the seat. I'm going to be very disappointed if that's not the case. I wish you hadn't said anything, now I'm bummed! Where did you see that it's black with black stitching? Seems odd that it would be that way since the steering wheel and center console are both black with red stitching?

-Matt
Unread 01-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #28
Doctorsti

Quote:
The dealer said specifically it'd have red stitching and the red anniversary edition stitching on the seat. I'm going to be very disappointed if that's not the case. I wish you hadn't said anything, now I'm bummed! Where did you see that it's black with black stitching? Seems odd that it would be that way since the steering wheel and center console are both black with red stitching?

-Matt
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/201...ml#post3232573

This guy Pat is a dealer and has inside connections at the factory in Toledo. He has had all the answers thus far and as far as I'm concerned is pretty much spot on. He's known literally every detail before anyone else and provided all specs, prices, options, and special info up to this point.

I know how you feel. I would have ordered black if it had red stitching too. The two options are black (meaning black interior and black seats JYX9) and red/black (meaning red seats and black interior plastics JYXR).

Call your dealer and have them inquire with Chrysler to make 100% sure what they quoted you is true. They should be willing to oblige. I also know that no person has spoken publicly from Chrysler to specify this except Pat. The seats have never been produced as all preproduction models came with Red seats. The color of the stitching may still be up in the air and not finalized but Pat was pretty clear that it was to be black.

You should follow that thread as it has released all information on the 10th Anniversary far before any other place on the internet, most of which was never released at all by Chrysler. There is also a guy on the floor of the factory named ArcherAce and he also has inside info that he releases appropriately.

They have continued to talk about features of the 10th Anniversary that none of us in the public knows yet. The only differences we know of right now are the updated EVIC/gauge cluster, 1/2 inch lift, and availability of a Warn 9.5cti-s winch that has a 10th Anniversary plaque on it that will be a dealer installed option that we don't have a part number for yet either. Other then that he mentioned a Jacket commemorating the Jeep was also an idea that was scrapped. They still have some surprises for us and I have a feeling they are not entirely set on exactly what will be included with the 10th Anniversary as it won't go into production down the line until March 4th.
Unread 01-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #29
matt87951

Quote:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/201...ml#post3232573

This guy Pat is a dealer and has inside connections at the factory in Toledo. He has had all the answers thus far and as far as I'm concerned is pretty much spot on. He's known literally every detail before anyone else and provided all specs, prices, options, and special info up to this point.

I know how you feel. I would have ordered black if it had red stitching too. The two options are black (meaning black interior and black seats JYX9) and red/black (meaning red seats and black interior plastics JYXR).

Call your dealer and have them inquire with Chrysler to make 100% sure what they quoted you is true. They should be willing to oblige. I also know that no person has spoken publicly from Chrysler to specify this except Pat. The seats have never been produced as all preproduction models came with Red seats. The color of the stitching may still be up in the air and not finalized but Pat was pretty clear that it was to be black.

You should follow that thread as it has released all information on the 10th Anniversary far before any other place on the internet, most of which was never released at all by Chrysler. There is also a guy on the floor of the factory named ArcherAce and he also has inside info that he releases appropriately.

They have continued to talk about features of the 10th Anniversary that none of us in the public knows yet. The only differences we know of right now are the updated EVIC/gauge cluster, 1/2 inch lift, and availability of a Warn 9.5cti-s winch that has a 10th Anniversary plaque on it that will be a dealer installed option that we don't have a part number for yet either. Other then that he mentioned a Jacket commemorating the Jeep was also an idea that was scrapped. They still have some surprises for us and I have a feeling they are not entirely set on exactly what will be included with the 10th Anniversary as it won't go into production down the line until March 4th.
Thanks for that info. That link should help any others as well. I had been keeping on eye on that since late December. I just never registered. As I'm sure you saw, I did ask Pat if the black seats will without a doubt have black stitching, so we'll see what he says. I have already talked to my dealer as well and requested them to check into the specs on the black seats for me as well. If I hear anything on that I'll certainly pass it along.

I don't think I'll go through the hassle of trying to change my order at this point, but I may run it by my dealer and see if it's an option if I decide to do that. I also like the idea that the black seats are only available on the pre-order models in the first 15-days of the order period. So it makes it a bit more "special" I suppose.

I'm excited to hear more information on the Warn 9.5cti-s winch as well. I did hear about Jeep considering doing the matching leather Jacket for the 10th Anniversary Edition owners, as well as that idea being canned. Would have been cool, but I highly doubt I would have worn the jacket anyways. I would be much more excited about the surprise being the Warn winch being installed on all pre-order Jeep's, but based on the cost of that winch, I highly doubt that would be included.

Thanks,
-Matt
Unread 02-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #30
jpchurch34
2012 JK Wrangler 

any new info on this? I would still really like to order the 10th Anniverary edition even if there is a long wait.
jpchurch34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.