Pretty set on the 10th Anniversary Rubicon but need some help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Pretty set on the 10th Anniversary Rubicon but need some help!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 01-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
Doctorsti

Pretty set on the 10th Anniversary Rubicon but need some help!

I think I'm decided on the 10th Anniversary Rubicon because pricing them both out for comprable features its only like an extra grand for the unique additions like rock rails, hood, bumpers, color, new guage cluster with upgraded evic. Oh and the KM2s and half inch lift. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Besides I actually am not a Jeep purist quite yet and really like the unique red interior.

Add on some remote start, auto 5-speed, and a body matched hard top and I'm all in. I can get affiliate 1% below dealer invoice as well as any thing else I'm able to negotiate.

I am stuck on exterior color now.

I wanted a white rubicon with body matched hard top/dual top and body matched fenders as it will be more a road and family toy then an offroad rig at this point and I like how the full white sets it upscale a bit so it looks a little less rig but still very capable if need or fun is attempted.

With that said I feel like the 10thA was meant to be the anvil color and its limited to this model only. I feel like I might regret not getting the anvil color as ill obviously adjust to like any color it is in the many years I will own it.

On the other hand I feel the cleanest from a design scheme color is the Billet and it certainly gives it a more masculine appearance.

What are everyone else's take on the 10thA colors?

Doctorsti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #2
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Double post....
Unread 01-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #3
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I like the Anvil...sorry but that's just goes along with the 10th Anniversary.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
matt87951

I'm also considering a 10th Anniversary Edition, I'm just trying to get details from my dealership when/where I need to go to order it, and what the price is going to be with the options I want. Do you have any additional information on when the ordering window will be opened?

On track with your questions, I too am a little unsure which color I'd go with. Me personally, I've never liked any vehicle in white (Had bad fading experience with my first car in white). My top colors choices right now for the 10A, are the Billet Silver Metallic and Black. I agree that Anvil is certainly going to be the most rare, but not sure I am sold on the color. It's too much "baby blue" to me from the pictures I've seen. Maybe if I saw it in person I would change my mind, but in the limited pictures I have seen, it doesn't do it justice in my opinion.

I feel that silver is just too popular though. It seems like every other car on the road is silver. I know the Jeep won't "blend" into the normal because of what it is, but the bottom line is there are tons of silver cars out there. What would be really cool, is if they would bring back Crush for the 10A, and have black leather seats with Crush colored stitching and embroidered seats!

-Matt
matt87951 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #5
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You can see Billet on a lot. It's already available on other Chrysler models. It's not Baby Blue at all.

Unread 01-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
matt87951

Quote:
Originally Posted by R U STUCK View Post
You can see Billet on a lot. It's already available on other Chrysler models. It's not Baby Blue at all.

I was saying Anvil looks like a baby blue, not the Billet Silver Metallic.. I think that might be a miss-type. I'll see if I can find something else in Anvil and see what it looks like in person.

-Matt
Unread 01-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #7
jeepbus
2013 JK Wrangler 

I talked to my dealer where we just ordered our 2013 JKUR and they called thier dealer rep.He said that it was not going to be available to order until late March. So we went ahead and ordered our 4 door. My wife could not wait I could have I think the Red seats are pimp. We are trading our 2012 2 door in on it. It already had bumpers winch and Lights and other stuff so I figured Just take it off and transfer it to the new one. I sure do like the 10th though. We ordered this one the way WE wanted it though! Already have 35's and the lift to go on it ,waiting sucks!
Unread 01-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
matt87951

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbus View Post
I talked to my dealer where we just ordered our 2013 JKUR and they called thier dealer rep.He said that it was not going to be available to order until late March. So we went ahead and ordered our 4 door. My wife could not wait I could have I think the Red seats are pimp. We are trading our 2012 2 door in on it. It already had bumpers winch and Lights and other stuff so I figured Just take it off and transfer it to the new one. I sure do like the 10th though. We ordered this one the way WE wanted it though! Already have 35's and the lift to go on it ,waiting sucks!
From my understanding, you should be able to order the 10th Anniversary on/after January 15th. I've seen that date in several different places, so I am going to bet that's most likely a pretty accurate date. I have also read that after ordering, sounds like the Jeep's won't be delivered until March/April (I don't mind waiting until then either, not in a big hurry, especially since I know I'll be getting it exactly how I want it). However, not sure how true that is. Hopefully I'll have a lot more information this weekend. I'm supposed to talk with the dealership live this weekend, and we'll see where that goes.

-Matt
Unread 01-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
47MTP
2013 JK Wrangler 

I pre-ordered mine today in Anvil The 15th is an accurate date according to my dealership and they were only allocated a "hand full." TJ guys are gonna hate me.
Bert
47MTP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #10
matt87951

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47MTP View Post
I pre-ordered mine today in Anvil The 15th is an accurate date according to my dealership and they were only allocated a "hand full." TJ guys are gonna hate me.
Bert
Curious how you went about doing that? Did you just give the dealership the list of options you want, and told them or order it when they are able or what? I might have to talk to my dealership about doing that. I figured worst case I'll call in sick on the 15th and go order a Jeep

-Matt
Unread 01-12-2013, 03:08 AM   #11
47MTP
2013 JK Wrangler 

I talked to the sales manager and explained that I would be out of town on the 15th. Gave them my list of options with a deposit and they'll order it Tuesday. Pretty sure these things will go quickly.
Bert
47MTP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #12
matt87951

Placed my order for my 10th Anniversary Rubicon today! Cannot wait to get it! Going to be long 3-months of waiting before I get to bring it home!

-Matt
Unread 01-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #13
GhostTownRubi
2013 JK Wrangler 

I saw the 10th Anniversary edition on the Jeep website and went into the dealer in mid-December to ask about it. I had to laugh when the salesman just looked at me with a blank stare. When he checked it out he said he would have to find out from his manager on ordering it. Come to find out at that time, they had no info at all on when it would become available. I was set on a Rubicon JKU, and thought the 10th Anniversary edition would be cool, but it came down to being too impatient and not wanting to spend the money I could use to make some upgrades.

Other than that, I really like the anvil color, not keen on the red seats, but still pretty cool. Kudos to those of you who ordered them up.
Unread 01-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #14
matt87951

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTownRubi
I saw the 10th Anniversary edition on the Jeep website and went into the dealer in mid-December to ask about it. I had to laugh when the salesman just looked at me with a blank stare. When he checked it out he said he would have to find out from his manager on ordering it. Come to find out at that time, they had no info at all on when it would become available. I was set on a Rubicon JKU, and thought the 10th Anniversary edition would be cool, but it came down to being too impatient and not wanting to spend the money I could use to make some upgrades.

Other than that, I really like the anvil color, not keen on the red seats, but still pretty cool. Kudos to those of you who ordered them up.
I am super excited, I personally think the upgrades are well worth it. Comparing to a fully loaded Rubicon, the 10th Anniversary is only a couple grand more. Well worth the money in my opinion, if for nothing else the hood and bumpers that won't be available to anyone other than 10A owners. The wheels, tires and lift are also in there.

You can actually order whatever seats you want, black or red leather, and they also have two different cloth seat options as well (no discount for going with cloth seats though).

Take it easy!
Matt
Unread 01-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #15
grady7
2013 JK Wrangler 

hey guys - I didn't come across the 10A until after I ordered my '13 JKUR -- which is being built this week. I'm a little nervous about buyer's remorse, although waiting until March / April is not really an option as i've sold both of my cars.

You still can't price and option one of these on jeep.com. I'd be interested to know exactly how much more I'd be into it if I were to option the 10A the same as my JKUR. Any links to where you can find options and pricing for the 10A?
grady7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.