Pre-purchase questions GC 2012 5.7
Deposit paid on a Grande Cherokee 2012 5.7 with biege leather trim and there was a couple of things I'd like to check are normal for this model with less than 100,000kms. Vehicle still under warranty fyi.
1. Odour indicates it was previously owned by a smoker. Dealer advised with thorough detailing (yet to be done, this will come out). Documented in terms of contract and asked for them not to use scents to cover it up. Some posts I've researched indicate thorough shampooing of materials, carpets etc will go a reasonable way with this. Realistic that it can be cleaned out now/over time?
2. The engine bay felt very hot after being driven for half hour in traffic to be inspected at my home from the dealership. The engine under the hood felt at the limit of heat that my hand could handle, but not burning it (sorry, not a scientific measurement...)
3. I was advised low range 4wd should not be used on the bitumen. Not sure if manual states this. Risk of diff damage?
4. Anything I should ask mechanical inspector to pay special attention to?
5. Have there been any recalls on this model that I should check to see have been done?
Hoping to close the deal, subject to mechanical inspection and verifying above details, among a few others, at end of week.
Ty kindly for any experience you might have.