Possible '75 J-10? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Possible '75 J-10?

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 10-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
Chuck1225
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Possible '75 J-10?

Hey guys. This'll be my first post on this forum.

Near me there is a 1975 Jeep J-10 sitting along side the road. The guy is selling it for an older farmer who just doesn't want to be bothered with it. The bed is gone and has been replaced with this flatbed (I'm still not sure how I feel about the flatbed), and it supposedly starts and drives.

Last time I was there, he tried to start it, but it wouldn't turn over. I could hear a relay clicking, but no go. So, we threw the jumper cables on my Cherokee and tried to get it to crank then, with the same result. He had to leave to pick his daughter up, though, so I didn't get any more chance to troubleshoot. Next time I'll go back with my multimeter and any info I can gather. He says he has been told by a couple guys that it has the 304, but the tag on the cab corner inside the engine compartment says it has a 360. I'm not sure if this means that it has the 360 and some people were just trying to get it for cheaper/didn't know what they were talking about, or if the po blew the engine and replaced it with a 304.. :shrugs: the latter seems kind-of-unlikely since the odometer reads only 130,000, iirc. Of course, that might have broken.. But, anyway- Here are some more pictures.

The guy selling it for the farmer says that the lowest he can go is $600. Is this reasonable? I think so if it runs and drives, but what if we can't get it to start again? It does have some rust.. The rocker panels are pretty much gone, and the rear cab corners are going.. I do have some diamond plate I thought about using as armor for the cab corners, though. And I know I can get replacement rocker panels for it. I can't tell very easily what the floor pans are like, but they look ok from what I've seen. The frame, surprisingly, looks to be good. (Maybe there are surprises hidden where I haven't noticed them, I don't know..)

Chuck1225 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.