Pondering Rubicon 10th anniversary - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Pondering Rubicon 10th anniversary

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 07-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
NextEndeavor
2013 JK Wrangler 

Pondering Rubicon 10th anniversary

New member here. I'm strongly considering a 10 anniversary unlimited. I think the red seats are beginning to grow on me. However, I've found some with black seats. What's the deal? Jeep information on line indicates only red so is there a choice?
Also, I prefer the manual tranny but not finding any. The automatic seems real sluggish compared to my 2004 with the manual, besides shifting gears is a blast.

NextEndeavor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
oldpony71
2001 WJ 

I purchased a 10A last week and I have the red seats, love the look. You can also get a Rubicon 10A with black seats, you do have that option. I have the Anvil Clear Coat with the automatic trans. and seems very fast with the 3.6L engine. The 3,6L is set up with cylinder deactivation so there is that slight throttle lag when you work the gas pedal, but I think in time I'll get used to the slow throttle response.
You can rest assure that the 3.6L engine will be much faster than your manual shift 2004, you just have to get in or on the throttle.

The unlimited 10A is a beautiful looking rig--get it!
oldpony71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 04:36 AM   #3
08fun
2008 JK Wrangler 

Bought mine last night, black with red interior and 6 speed (didn't want the automatic). Can't wait to pick it up. Turning in my 08 JKU...
08fun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
08fun
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ok... Change in plans. The black was no longer available - getting the Silver 10A tomorrow! Black interior. Cant wait.....
Unread 08-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
allin44
2002 KJ Liberty 

Also been considering one of these. Dropped my KJ off for repairs, had a beauty of the 10th Ann Rubicon on the lot. Looks like a LOT more fun to drive.
allin44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
08fun
2008 JK Wrangler 

It arrived!!! I love it!! Posting pictures shortly
Unread 08-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #7
08fun
2008 JK Wrangler 

image-2792532106.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.