Is this one worth looking at? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Is this one worth looking at?

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 10-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
bigdavepz
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Is this one worth looking at?

Bout to go buy my 1st jeep as early as next weekend. Found one that has been posted on CL for a while (a few months), which probably isn't a good thing.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/4155697249.html

A few things of concern:

Tires scrub if turned all the way.

Says 170k "miles on body"...assuming not the same on the engine?

What do you guys think? Worth the asking price or even worth going to look at ?

bigdavepz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Skold
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Not bad really.
Skold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #3
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

What does Edmunds and KBB say? Just an indicator, not written in stone. The 33" tires are dragging because they are too big for the lift. If the current owner didn't know which tires his lift would handle, what else did he not know?
Go through this thing thoroughly, especially how it handles on the road. As it sits I would offer around $5,000. Needs new tires & seats right off. After that, who knows?
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
Adam013085

Priced pretty high. I wouldn't be worried about engine tranny but at 176k miles everything else is going to start needing replaced. Id look for something with a big less miles. For that price you could probably find a TJ with under 125k miles pretty easy. Be patient and don't rush into it.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

i like it, but the winch is not a good deal, you can buy a new warn cheaper
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.